DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How much life do you get out of a full Droid battery charge?

Voters
1172. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 or Less

111 9.47%
  • 7 to 9 Hours

223 19.03%
  • 10 to 12 Hours

250 21.33%
  • 13 to 15 Hours

210 17.92%
  • 16 to 20 Hours

180 15.36%
  • 21 to 36 Hours

164 13.99%
  • 37+ Hours

34 2.90%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid Battery Life Poll

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy S3 & GSM Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    I get 20-23 hours. Droid 1 rooted running ultimate droid 1.0 compcache disabled. 50% brightness. Auto sync off. Phone is 8 months old so is battery.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Perhaps I need to clarify an earlier post of mine. I see that Stelv has his brightness set for 50%, and his auto sync turned off. I don't use compcache, so it doesn't factor in to my equation. I have my brightness *cranked*. Why? Because I like the way it looks. I have GPS and auto sync turned on all the time. Why? Because it makes my use of the phone easier, and increases my enjoyment of it.

Let's look at it this way: I bought the phone to enjoy it, and cutting back on this or that to extend battery life decreases my enjoyment. The Droid Incredible and the Droid X are set up similarly - the brightness is almost all the way up, the GPS and Sync are on, and I enjoy using them. The difference is that the Droid Incredible works fine with the extended battery, and allows me to boogie though the day, doing the various things I do with a phone, and at 8:00 at night, I've still got 85% to 90% battery charge left. No compromise on my part and no problem with the battery's part. The Dinc, by the way, is an early AMOLED model, with the beautiful, but battery draining screen.

Sadly, the two Motorola phones, run the same way by me, by 8:00 at night are puttering along at maybe 35-40% battery charge, and that makes me nervous. Yeah, I can plug any of the phones into the charger on my desk at work, and recharge them during the day, but the point is that the Incredible doesn't require it, while the other two do.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Yea I wish I could use all my phones features without worrying about battery life. 50% brightness isn't the greatest. I have been looking at HTCs and they are nice. My friend has an incredible and it runs great. I think my next phone may be an HTC.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 Rooted... testing roms
    Yea I wish I could use all my phones features without worrying about battery life. 50% brightness isn't the greatest. I have been looking at HTCs and they are nice. My friend has an incredible and it runs great. I think my next phone may be an HTC.

Exactly what I'm thinking...

I have a droid 1 and have been thinking about replacing it for a droid incredible that I could get from ebay.

What are your guys opinion on this?

p.s. I text a lot and use facebook with the occasional game. Physical keyboard isn't a must, but I still like it

What phone would be better?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lerit50 View Post

I have a droid 1 and have been thinking about replacing it for a droid incredible that I could get from ebay.

p.s. I text a lot and use facebook with the occasional game. Physical keyboard isn't a must, but I still like it

The Droid Incredible is an excellent phone. From a battery drain standpoint though, keep in mind that there are two different flavors of Dinc floating around out there: the earlier ones with the AMOLED screens and the more recent variety that have those SLCD screens. My understanding is that battery use is less of an issue with the more recent Dincs, as the AMOLED screen - while gorgeous to look at - sucked up battery power like there was no tomorrow and the SLCD screens (like what we have on our Droid 1s) are more "battery friendly". Buying a Dinc off of eBay can be an inexpensive way of getting a superior phone, but be aware of the TYPE of Dinc you're bidding on.

My two-cents worth.

-Mike

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 Rooted... testing roms
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lerit50 View Post

The Droid Incredible is an excellent phone. From a battery drain standpoint though, keep in mind that there are two different flavors of Dinc floating around out there: the earlier ones with the AMOLED screens and the more recent variety that have those SLCD screens. My understanding is that battery use is less of an issue with the more recent Dincs, as the AMOLED screen - while gorgeous to look at - sucked up battery power like there was no tomorrow and the SLCD screens (like what we have on our Droid 1s) are more "battery friendly". Buying a Dinc off of eBay can be an inexpensive way of getting a superior phone, but be aware of the TYPE of Dinc you're bidding on.

My two-cents worth.

-Mike
    Ok thank you.

So if I were to ask a seller what the manufacture date was, what should I hope the answer is?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Just ask if the screen is AMOLED or SLCD.

-Mike

7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Battery life is generally less than 12 hours for me daily. I keep my droid connected to charger constantly because I choose to run it at faster CPU speeds and run background processes that eat battery power.

8. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I said 7 to 9 only because some days I tend to use my phone all the time to surf or text buddies. I also get into games like Angry Birds at work, or watch youtube sometimes when I am bored. I always charge my phone while im driving in the car so that helps...
    The Mooooooon!
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    I've killed an entire battery in an hour lol to many rom changes and theme changes in that hour but average usually like 6 i think i always have to charge it through out the day i install to much stuff a day and download tons of files from the internet it's currently 12:21 and my battery is at 50% lol
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX / D2 / VZW GTAB / SGP 5
    well i had the original battery and i had to but the extended battery cause i would kill it playing games and doing other things. i also purchased an external battery pack from new trent when ever i go out and dont have a way to charge my phone so far so good...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links