DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 102

Thread: Hacking erroneous output of SBF Codec

  1. Chief Droid Scientist
    MotoCache1's Avatar
    Member #
    83203
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    530
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Jharmon12 View Post
    I really like the script that don't mirror the image because when I work with an image I work with it in a png format and then I open it in paint, mirror it and save it to my scripts folder where your cg42 scrip eagerly awaits, I just redone all of my old sbfs to make them logo only and perfected the process :P

    The new script will either do everything for you, or you can selectively turn off each step that it performs:

    /noclip = don't strip the first 54 bytes it's already done
    /nomirror = don't mirror the image it's already done (or I am OK with it being reversed)
    /noflip = don't flip the image it's already done (or I am OK with it being upside down)
    /nopad = don't pad the 64 bytes of 0xFF at the end it's already done

    I need to add a little code so that if the file you provide, in combination with the setting you specified, doesn't result in a legal file it will warn you. I'll probably provide a "/force" switch or something like that to force the script to make the file even if it would be a bad file.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

    Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

    Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  2. Chief Droid Scientist
    MotoCache1's Avatar
    Member #
    83203
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    530
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    #52
    OK, there are several outstanding questions that I've not seen any posts on.

    If I were you guys the following things would be burning a hole in my brain, begging for an answer. Maybe I have that backwards. If you guys were me, and at your present level of discovery, the following things would be burning a hole in your brains:

    1. Is there a way to generate the checksum other than having RSD Lite flash the CG into my phone and fail (and then grabbing it out of the error log)?
    2. There were 10 mismatched bytes originally. We've "explained" 6 of them. What do the other 4 do?

    Anybody work on these at all?
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

    Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

    Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  3. Junior Droid
    Moto Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    71375
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    OK, there are several outstanding questions that I've not seen any posts on.

    If I were you guys the following things would be burning a hole in my brain, begging for an answer. Maybe I have that backwards. If you guys were me, and at your present level of discovery, the following things would be burning a hole in your brains:

    1. Is there a way to generate the checksum other than having RSD Lite flash the CG into my phone and fail (and then grabbing it out of the error log)?
    2. There were 10 mismatched bytes originally. We've "explained" 6 of them. What do the other 4 do?
    Anybody work on these at all?
    Another question I would like to know as well, why does it work when u flash the whole sbf file with all the CG's in it? does the phone only check the first CG then let everything else go?
  4. Chief Droid Scientist
    MotoCache1's Avatar
    Member #
    83203
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    530
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    OK, there are several outstanding questions that I've not seen any posts on.

    If I were you guys the following things would be burning a hole in my brain, begging for an answer. Maybe I have that backwards. If you guys were me, and at your present level of discovery, the following things would be burning a hole in your brains:

    1. Is there a way to generate the checksum other than having RSD Lite flash the CG into my phone and fail (and then grabbing it out of the error log)?
    2. There were 10 mismatched bytes originally. We've "explained" 6 of them. What do the other 4 do?

    Anybody work on these at all?
    Another question I would like to know as well, why does it work when u flash the whole sbf file with all the CG's in it? does the phone only check the first CG then let everything else go?
    Yeah - I want to know that too. Now that you know where the checksum bytes live you should be able to look at your modified full-flash SBF and see if SBF Codec correctly recalculates the checksum when CG42 isn't the only CG in the file. My theory is that perhaps SBF Codec just has an issue where it accidentally (or intentionally) doesn't recalculate the checksum of the first CG in the file. It's a good hacker project for someone who needs the experience to go find out.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

    Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

    Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  5. Junior Droid
    Moto Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    71375
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    #55
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    OK, there are several outstanding questions that I've not seen any posts on.

    If I were you guys the following things would be burning a hole in my brain, begging for an answer. Maybe I have that backwards. If you guys were me, and at your present level of discovery, the following things would be burning a hole in your brains:

    1. Is there a way to generate the checksum other than having RSD Lite flash the CG into my phone and fail (and then grabbing it out of the error log)?
    2. There were 10 mismatched bytes originally. We've "explained" 6 of them. What do the other 4 do?
    Anybody work on these at all?
    Another question I would like to know as well, why does it work when u flash the whole sbf file with all the CG's in it? does the phone only check the first CG then let everything else go?
    Yeah - I want to know that too. Now that you know where the checksum bytes live you should be able to look at your modified full-flash SBF and see if SBF Codec correctly recalculates the checksum when CG42 isn't the only CG in the file. My theory is that perhaps SBF Codec just has an issue where it accidentally (or intentionally) doesn't recalculate the checksum of the first CG in the file. It's a good hacker project for someone who needs the experience to go find out.
    I have made a coulpe from the base ones you made, and switched up the order in the way I make them and save them from the orginal instructions. So when i look at them i am now getting the same check sum you got with yours (which we know are good to flash). no matter what picture i put in there as long as I build from your base i get the same check sum just scared to flash since a few days ago got that corrupt message. need to know about the last 4 bytes?????
  6. XOOM RS Team Lead
    fish1552's Avatar
    Member #
    47771
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Savannah area of Coastal Georgia, USA
    Posts
    652
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Phone
    MOTO X + Nexus 7
    Premium Member
    #56
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    Next thing you know you'll be staying up until 6:30 in the morning hacking on something you just can't give up on, then sleep for 1.5 hours, then work a full day, then be posting here at 1:10am. Wait, that's me.
    Well, I head to bed around 2:30am, then get up at 5:30 to work 48 hours. So I'm close.
    But if I could figure out the s**t you could, I would consider it worth it.



  7. Junior Droid
    Moto Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    71375
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    #57
    ok just looked @ the entire SBF file ESD56 and the first CG is CG3 and for checksum in the real cs16 column it has N/A ???? this is the only CG in the whole file that has a N/A under the column
    first of all what does CG3 do?? and could we include it in the flash as the first CG with CG42 and see if sbf codec handles the check sum differently.

    MC1 we need your guidance
  8. Master Droid
    Jharmon12's Avatar
    Member #
    65059
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    257
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #58
    Ok i flashe both mine and your monster logo and looked at the error log and they were both the same. Yours
    Code:
    19:36:34,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 517
    ERROR: AP Die ID: 07f0010c41720304000000000400
    
    19:36:34,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 524
    ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000000000000000
    
    19:36:34,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 531
    ERROR: AP Public ID: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    
    19:36:34,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 538
    ERROR: BP Public ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    and mine
    Code:
    19:35:33,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 517
    ERROR: AP Die ID: 07f0010c41720304000000000400
    
    19:35:33,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 524
    ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000000000000000
    
    19:35:33,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 531
    ERROR: AP Public ID: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    
    19:35:33,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 538
    ERROR: BP Public ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    I watched both my phone and RSD Lite and they both acted the same
    Last edited by Jharmon12; 09-10-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    Moto Droid <--Best Phone Ever Made)
    TUD 1.0 Rom
    Slayher's 1.2 ghz
    Check This Out To Change Your Boot Logo (The M) <--- Warning this will put your phone back to 2.0.1 And Is For Educational And Proof of Concept Purposes Only!!

    If you want a quick fix Check out Shibby's Boot Logo Generator.

    If You Like My Work And Wanna Buy Me A Beer (I Like Guinness) PM me!
  9. Junior Droid
    Moto Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    71375
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jharmon12 View Post
    Ok i flashe both mine and your monster logo and looked at the error log and they were both the same. Yours
    Code:
    19:36:34,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 517
    ERROR: AP Die ID: 07f0010c41720304000000000400
     
    19:36:34,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 524
    ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000000000000000
     
    19:36:34,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 531
    ERROR: AP Public ID: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
     
    19:36:34,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 538
    ERROR: BP Public ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    and mine
    Code:
    19:35:33,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 517
    ERROR: AP Die ID: 07f0010c41720304000000000400
     
    19:35:33,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 524
    ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000000000000000
     
    19:35:33,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 531
    ERROR: AP Public ID: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
     
    19:35:33,  September 10, 2010
    Line: 538
    ERROR: BP Public ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    I watched both my phone and RSD Lite and they both acted the same
    so they did flash successfully but still got these errors because of the last 4 bytes?
  10. Master Droid
    Jharmon12's Avatar
    Member #
    65059
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    257
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #60
    The four bytes are different in both files, but the error log is the same. So that tells me that the byte difference isnt causing the errors unless RSD Lite is looking for something completely different than what either files has.

    EDIT: I wonder what the error log looks like if someone makes a full SBF from CG 42's in each of the files, LOL I dont wanna wipe out my phone to find out.
    Last edited by Jharmon12; 09-10-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Moto Droid <--Best Phone Ever Made)
    TUD 1.0 Rom
    Slayher's 1.2 ghz
    Check This Out To Change Your Boot Logo (The M) <--- Warning this will put your phone back to 2.0.1 And Is For Educational And Proof of Concept Purposes Only!!

    If you want a quick fix Check out Shibby's Boot Logo Generator.

    If You Like My Work And Wanna Buy Me A Beer (I Like Guinness) PM me!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Want better in-call audio? / How-To Change Voice Codec
    By xliderider in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 06:38 PM
  2. Output to TV??
    By naknak95 in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 02:22 AM
  3. Divx codec from motoroi anyone?
    By raydm in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
  4. GPS erroneous
    By greg_p in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 10:30 AM
  5. USB port output music?
    By richelesro in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 11:51 AM

Search tags for this page

error verifying code group
,
error verifying code group 32
,

error verifying code group 32 checksums

,
error verifying code group 33
,

error verifying code group 33 checksums

,
error verifying code group checksums
,
mb810 monster file
,
sbf flash checksum error
,
sbf flash unexpected chip 16
,

sbfcodec

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+