DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider View Post
    Very Nice! Thank You very much!

I have ONE question... Is says "any OS". I want to get the official FRG22B update that is rolling now, should I wait until it rolls to my phone since I assume SPR will block the OTA.
    I am already rooted (have SU access) with Busy Box, Ti Backup, etc. using Easy Root because I lost root doing a manual update of 2.2 (FRG01B) and using the wrong (official) file and decided to try the easy way to root.

Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    Pretty much if it is a Linux based operating system, it should work. There's nothing OS version specific in either of my files. So it works even for for OS versions that haven't been released yet.
    Thanks... I'll be the first test to see if this is true. I un-rooted and will wait for 22D and try your files then report back unless someone else confirms it works on the 22D OTA first.
    Moto Droid Maxx... Stock... for now!
    Moto Droid Razr... 4.1.2 JB OTA installed and rooted using Matt's Utility... Thanks Matt!

Moto Xoom WiFi ... 4.2.2 JB Ported by Dreamcwli

Moto Sliver Bluetooth

Moto S11-Flex HD Wireless Stereo Headphones... Thanks Droid Forums!
  2. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Moto Droid + N900 ;)
    Very Nice! Thank You very much!

I have ONE question... Is says "any OS". I want to get the official FRG22B update that is rolling now, should I wait until it rolls to my phone since I assume SPR will block the OTA.
    I am already rooted (have SU access) with Busy Box, Ti Backup, etc. using Easy Root because I lost root doing a manual update of 2.2 (FRG01B) and using the wrong (official) file and decided to try the easy way to root.

Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    FRG22B vs FRG01B has been covered by (I think) the Sapphire developer (cvsps?). No major changes.

If you're happy with what you are running, stick with it. "Newest" doesn't mean "best". A lot of times what VZW thinks is "best" we (you and I) may not.

FRG01B is fine... the custom ROMs based on it and its predecessor are great.

E
  3. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    Pretty much if it is a Linux based operating system, it should work. There's nothing OS version specific in either of my files. So it works even for for OS versions that haven't been released yet.
    Thanks... I'll be the first test to see if this is true. I un-rooted and will wait for 22D and try your files then report back unless someone else confirms it works on the 22D OTA first.
    I keep hoping someone will "capture" a 22D push and save off the .zip so I can take a look at it. If anybody gets the push and is running a custom recovery which blocks the install, you can grab the file from /cache if you ADB to the phone while SPRecovery is still open. After you reboot out of SPRecovery the file will be gone.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Awesome writeup. I'm so glad to finally know why rsdlite always failed and never completed. Even though I never had any issues, the anal side of me was always bothered just a little bit by that. Now we can finally get it to "pass"... It's the little things.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE

NOOB fo sho!

OK,

I followed all the steps, and I think I did everything right. How do I tell? Should I make backups? What next?

Sorry and thanks!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerroedr View Post
    OK,

I followed all the steps, and I think I did everything right. How do I tell? Should I make backups? What next?

Sorry and thanks!
    Try to reboot into recovery. If you get SPRecovery instead of the stock triangle with the ! you're good. For a further test, download a terminal emulator from the market, open it, and type SU. The prompt should change to #. If not, you don't have Super User permissions and will need to install them.

As for "what's next?", how about now what? Check the link in my sig.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    it worked! now for the rest of the stuff
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Skylordusa
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

MOTOCACHE1 Is The Man

All I gotta say is you rock Motocache. Just a few days ago I was stuck with the OTA 2.2 which slowed down my droid to the point of lag that was driving me crazy. Then I come on to this forum to look for help on how to root. And find a Genius tagged Motocache1 hahahahahha. Not only does he try to help he goes above and beyond by investigating on his own time. Writing up a step by step guide that even an idiot noob like me can follow. And boom here I am running a liquid custom rom with a watermark theme and an awesome custom recovery that works perfectly. And now my droid is running like a new machine. I feel like I bought a new phone. Its so smooth and fast. I just want to say thank you again Motocache for putting up with all my dumb questions and helping everyone out that was having trouble by providing your step by step guide that you spent alot of time on. Thanks again man.

Motocache1 for President. hahahahahhahaa.

Now I just need to figure out how to put this guide in my sig. hahahahhahaha Maybe one day I will not be such a noober.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Skylordusa
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah boyyyyy I figured out how to add the thread to my sig. Score one for this nooooob hahahahhahahaha.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Can't Run as administrator.

When I try to run RSD Lite as an administrator the box is unchecked and grayed out and uncheckable. Is there something I'm doing wrong.
Page 4 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Links