DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 34 of 203 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    yeah, that plus it didn't look it was visible,
    but I completed the steps and works great. Thanks!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Hey Guys, I'm a noob so go gentle, lol. I'm running WinXP. I Have a Droid 1 with FRG22D installed yesterday. I downloaded 32bit drivers and RSD Lite v4.6. I followed The root instructions to a tee. When I scroll down to Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated) the installation starts but then says install blocked. Installation aborted. Any suggestions?
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Hey Moto, Like everyone else, I truly appreciate your guide. As for my problem...I figured it out. I forgot to hit allow update.zip before hitting install. If I could learn to read better, my life would be a whole lot simpler, lol. Thanks again. Keep up the good work.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I keep getting to recovery, then i keep trying to install the update, but keeps saying e:signature verification failed, can someone please help me?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 Moto Droid 1

Thumbs up Another Success Story

Thanks, MotoCache1. Your instructions are great and after studying them and reading all 34 pages of comments, I feel I've learned much. I had no issues with the new bootloader and root access on my FRG22D Moto Droid 1. Good to do all this the right way. Thanks for your hard work and willingness to help. You Rock!
  6. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    Quote Originally Posted by rod3456 View Post
    I keep getting to recovery, then i keep trying to install the update, but keeps saying e:signature verification failed, can someone please help me?
    You have stock recovery. Either you didn't do the RSD Lite part, or you did but you let the phone reboot all the way into the OS before doing the update.zip. You have to start back over at step #4.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    motocache1 ... i was referred to this thread from another forum member. i'd like to root my phone (first timer)... i have some questions i was wondering if you could explain:

i do not have a TON of apps, just some, maybe 10-12. a lot are free but a few are paid for. will i experience an issue reinstalling any apps after rooting ?

for apps, i use Astro to back them up. for data (contacts, etc.) i use mybackup pro. would i be able to use these programs to restore my apps and data after rooting ? after root i plan to use Ti to backup stuff.

lastly, i am just looking for anything else i might expect to do or encounter that is not straight forward and not in the guide on post # 1 ...

thanks
    GS4
  8. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
    motocache1 ... i was referred to this thread from another forum member. i'd like to root my phone (first timer)... i have some questions i was wondering if you could explain:

i do not have a TON of apps, just some, maybe 10-12. a lot are free but a few are paid for. will i experience an issue reinstalling any apps after rooting ?

for apps, i use Astro to back them up. for data (contacts, etc.) i use mybackup pro. would i be able to use these programs to restore my apps and data after rooting ? after root i plan to use Ti to backup stuff.

lastly, i am just looking for anything else i might expect to do or encounter that is not straight forward and not in the guide on post # 1 ...

thanks
    Rooting isn't going to change/disturb any of those things you asked about. You will not need to restore anything. Having the backups anyway is smart.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    Motocache1
    Thank you for this guide. Some day I will root, but being a pessimist, I assume something will go wrong! Plus my windows box is in the non air conditioned room in the house!

Thank you again for all of your work! Very thorough!

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Sweet!

Got 2.2 FRG22D OTA Update, followed steps to a "T," and it worked absolutely perfectly. No problems at all.

Then went to XDA to update to latest SU. Noticed the later version in the OP sig line... Figured I'd check into it.

THANKS!!!!

Page 34 of 203 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Links