DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 31 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Thank you so much for writing this guide, Moto! I had to get a replacement droid, and the one I ended up with had FRG22D, which wasn't like rooting any other Android OS I've rooted (2.0.1, 2.1, and the seemingly 4387 different builds of Froyo). This was a GREAT help! Thanks again!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Max
    i was wondering when someone was gonna do this. installed without so much as a hickup. love the "short guide" and imo the detailed guide is awsome for noobs...if anyone can't obtain root following your guide, they need to give up their droid. it's idiot proof. i would go as far to say that my 7 yr old grandaughter could do this...u da man moto! great job!
    When life kicks you in the a$$...don't get mad, get even!...kick it back!

D1 SS-GBv5.5-1.25ulv
    D3 Rooted

Razr Maxx-stock JB
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid101 View Post
    Oh okay. I was only wondering cause the app shootme keeps saying I don't have root. When one I have a custom theme on here so that isn't the issue. So i didn't know if it was just an old superuser version doing it.
    Actually, that is an issue that has been reported to the developer. It has been out there for awhile with no updates. You might want to pop on his topic and ask him about it. He may be waiting for someone willing to work with him and give him logs and/or try test fixes he can offer.
    Huh didn't know that thanks for telling me.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Ok I make it to step 9 and select the file G:\MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf

I'm showing the device as connected model SE Flash OMAP3430MI (I've got a motorola driod).

I'm in the bootloader scree, but the "Start" button is shaded and unable to be selected.

Has anyone else seen this? (OS Windows 7 64 bit) Don't think it's the OS as others have done this on windows 7.

Also the RSD Lite v4.6 is being run as administrator I changed it in the properties to insure that I always open it as admin...
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Motocache - have you had any luck finding a full system FRG22D yet?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Great job with the writeup MotoCache1!
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fordch View Post
    Ok I make it to step 9 and select the file G:\MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf

I'm showing the device as connected model SE Flash OMAP3430MI (I've got a motorola driod).

I'm in the bootloader scree, but the "Start" button is shaded and unable to be selected.

Has anyone else seen this? (OS Windows 7 64 bit) Don't think it's the OS as others have done this on windows 7.

Also the RSD Lite v4.6 is being run as administrator I changed it in the properties to insure that I always open it as admin...
    Read through the thread again. I'm pretty sure someone else has had this issue and I'm also pretty sure they found a workaround. If no luck, let us know, and we'll see what we can do to help.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fordch View Post

Read through the thread again. I'm pretty sure someone else has had this issue and I'm also pretty sure they found a workaround. If no luck, let us know, and we'll see what we can do to help.

BAH!!! I thought I did that but what i missed was apparently the key is changing the filename in the RSD Lite interface. I moved it to the c drive and added a space to the actual filename.

Thanks btw.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/res...ersion-10.html
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks btw the rest went without a hitch and worked like a charm, thanks again.
  10. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Motocache - have you had any luck finding a full system FRG22D yet?
    Haven't seen it yet -- if there even is one. At some point I'll probably build my own, but a authoritatively signed one would be nice for folks with stock recovery.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way

Links