DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 28 of 203 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 2.2 build frg22d
    A great help!! I was using Easy root until i got the frg22 update which nulled my root. this was great and easy.

As a caveat....
    In RSD lite, the start button would not become an option until I selected "open as read-only" in the file selection box. This confused me for some time, I am a noob and recent Blackberry converter to the droid. So glad I switched, silly blackberry.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    to the forum!

That's an interesting trick. What OS were you running?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    i couldnt wait for the OTA for 2.2 on my droid 1. I got 2.2 off some random site in the web (googled it) did not have to root to get it or anything crazy, just the update.zip file and it did the rest itself. so in summary. am running droid froyo 2.2 on droid 1 initially with the frg01 build, then got the update for frg22, which like nuked my root from easyroot. so this was a great fix. i dont know when or if unstable apps (easyroot developers) would ever get a fix or workaround out.

If you know any tricks or good things to do any help would be appreciated as i am just a newbie, or at least that what it says under my name.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.agrona View Post
    As a caveat....
    In RSD lite, the start button would not become an option until I selected "open as read-only" in the file selection box. This confused me for some time, I am a noob and recent Blackberry converter to the droid. So glad I switched, silly blackberry.
    FWIW - I tried selecting "open as read-only" in Windows 7 and the "Start" button was still disabled. After further testing, it appears that Windows 7 does not like any characters that are not numbers or letters in the sbf file name. In my testing, after removing all ".", "-" and "_" from the file name (except for .sbf) the "Start" button became enabled. The length of the filename did not appear to matter (within Windows limits of course).
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by richhowe View Post
    As a caveat....
    FWIW - I tried selecting "open as read-only" in Windows 7 and the "Start" button was still disabled. After further testing, it appears that Windows 7 does not like any characters that are not numbers or letters in the sbf file name. In my testing, after removing all ".", "-" and "_" from the file name (except for .sbf) the "Start" button became enabled. The length of the filename did not appear to matter (within Windows limits of course).
    im sorry I gues there were some more variables then what i had originally posted.
    I also ran RSD in compatible with "Windows XP SP3" through the properties menu
    I moved the file to the desktop versus buried in my hidden files from the wife.
    I too am running win7 64. I dont know which of these variables worked but I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I thought RSD Lite worked in Windows 7 x64 without all this finagling?

sent via subspace radio
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    it probably does, I may be over reaching, i am too new to take seriously, i just learned of rsdlite tonight. if that is any indication of my newbieness.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    im sorry I gues there were some more variables then what i had originally posted.
    I also ran RSD in compatible with "Windows XP SP3" through the properties menu
    I moved the file to the desktop versus buried in my hidden files from the wife.
    I too am running win7 64. I dont know which of these variables worked but I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.
    Wow, Windows 7 is quite the enigma! I also tried copying the file to the desktop and running in "Windows XP SP3" mode and it still failed. Oh well, at least we've come up with plenty of options for people to try.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    does anyone know if this works on the droid2?
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    No. The Droid 2 has an encrypted bootloader that would reject such an installation. Rooting the Droid 2 is an involved process, though with luck it'll be made simpler with some time.

Oh, and to the forum!
Page 28 of 203 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Links