DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 120 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2025
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Did you install the update.zip from the OP? It installs SU, busybox, and runs a script that fixes the recovery image in memory -- otherwise the 2C. 7C. bootloader replaces it on the next boot.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Did you install the update.zip from the OP? It installs SU, busybox, and runs a script that fixes the recovery image in memory -- otherwise the 2C. 7C. bootloader replaces it on the next boot.
    Yep. I use this method every time I root and this time it didn't give me Superuser. Never had this happen. I've booted and checked the recovery already and it's still SP.

EDIT: I should punch myself in the face right now. I forgot to install the .zip after I flashed through RSD.
    Last edited by Dj Carpenter; 12-14-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    There is more to living than just existing.
    -Dj Carpenter
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Huh. Something may have just screwed up. Try re-flashing the update.zip and see if it fixes it. If not, try a root-only app you've already given permissions for.

Sorry, sometimes I get so used to explaining everything I just go ahead and do it every time.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Huh. Something may have just screwed up. Try re-flashing the update.zip and see if it fixes it. If not, try a root-only app you've already given permissions for.

Sorry, sometimes I get so used to explaining everything I just go ahead and do it every time.
    Haha it's all good. Can't believe I forgot to do that though. My mind is slipping
    There is more to living than just existing.
    -Dj Carpenter
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kgbmiker View Post
    Just got the VZ update (2.2.1) Didnt install yet. Will I loose my root? Used method above to gain it. How do I keep my root? Please help!!
    Update was blocked, still rooted, life is good!
    The updated keeps coming back, after every 3-4 days. What do I do to stop it from prompting me to update? Thanks Guys!!!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

update.zip install issue

ok so i am TRYING to root my droid 1 and i have tried a one touch root and that didnt work and now i try this and i almost got it to work except when i go to install the update.zip the install goes normall until it gets to superuser.
    Installing Superuser 2.3.2.3 - Eclair/Froyo...assert failed: package_extract_dir("system","/system")
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted is what it says and i looked at the mount setting and thats correct and i dont know what else to look at any help would be great
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm having a problem. I am just starting out. I get into the bootloader (the 2c. 7c. thing) And it says press ok. Am i missing something? I press all the keys on my droid and it wont work. I unplus usb and it says plug in usb. Its not frozen. PLz help. I am a nubzor.
    Droid-1
    Currently on Liquid GB 1.92
    Actngrezy 1.1 LV kernel
    Waiting for the New Project Elite to be released!
  8. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I believe that's when you hit start in RSD

Quote Originally Posted by dalkhoutoff View Post
    I'm having a problem. I am just starting out. I get into the bootloader (the 2c. 7c. thing) And it says press ok. Am i missing something? I press all the keys on my droid and it wont work. I unplus usb and it says plug in usb. Its not frozen. PLz help. I am a nubzor.

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Just got the VZ update (2.2.1) Didnt install yet. Will I loose my root? Used method above to gain it. How do I keep my root? Please help!!
    The updated keeps coming back, after every 3-4 days. What do I do to stop it from prompting me to update? Thanks Guys!!!
    Flash a ROM or the OTA update and use this method to re-root.

Quote Originally Posted by dr0idn00b View Post
    ok so i am TRYING to root my droid 1 and i have tried a one touch root and that didnt work and now i try this and i almost got it to work except when i go to install the update.zip the install goes normall until it gets to superuser.
    Installing Superuser 2.3.2.3 - Eclair/Froyo...assert failed: package_extract_dir("system","/system")
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted is what it says and i looked at the mount setting and thats correct and i dont know what else to look at any help would be great
    Have you tried downloading the update.zip again, placing it on your SD card via USB mass storage mode, and trying the install again?

Have you already flashed SPRecovery on it? If not then you need to press the start button. I'm pretty sure that was covered in the OP, but I always suggest you read this thread as well as this one for using RSD Lite.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...correctly.html

Good luck everyone!
  10. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I thought I remembered that part correctly! Link bookmarked! Thanks FBM!!

Flash a ROM or the OTA update and use this method to re-root.

Quote Originally Posted by dr0idn00b View Post
    (status 7)
    Have you tried downloading the update.zip again, placing it on your SD card via USB mass storage mode, and trying the install again?

Have you already flashed SPRecovery on it? If not then you need to press the start button. I'm pretty sure that was covered in the OP, but I always suggest you read this thread as well as this one for using RSD Lite.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...correctly.html

Good luck everyone!

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ

Links