Tired of the default Motorola "M" Logo when you reboot your phone?
Want a little more personalization?
- Droid 1 via SBF
- Droid X via SBF or Boot Logo Changer
- Droid 2 via Boot Logo Changer
- Droid Pro via Boot Logo Changer
- Droid World Edition via Boot Logo Changer
- Milestone 2 via Boot Logo Changer
I originally got the idea from various threads:
From this I created and developed a windows program to make it simple:
Many requests lead me to take up the project once again using info from various sources:
- Step-By-Step DIY Boot (M) Logo with pic
- DX/D2 Logo Changer
- DX/D2 Boot Logo Changer App!!
- and a few others I cannot remember
So what do you do to use this program?
- Create a 24- bit bitmap image that is exactly 480px wide by 182px tall. You can use the image editor of your choice including PhotoShop. I personally prefer GIMP as it is powerful and free.
- Run my Boot Logo Generator program.
- Click the "Open Image" button and select your bitmap.
- If you want a different background color than the one generated by the image, click the "Change Bkgd Color" button.
- Click the "Create File" button and select the type of file you want to create.
If you do not know how to flash your phone with an SBF, then look into investing into JRummy's fantastic apps on the market as an alternative to flashing your phone.
- D1 SBF
- DX SBF
- Boot Logo Changer File (.bin)
To use file created with JRummy's Boot Logo Changer:
- Copy the BIN file to the "boot_logos/custom" folder on your sdcard.
- Run Boot Logo Changer
- Click "Custom Logos"
- Pick your file
- After it confirms the flash, click "Reboot" to test it out!
After all this......Where is my Program??
See my attached files. The latest version will be attached in this post.