DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 89 of 266 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Using the new bumble bee governor and stock voltages running at 250 to 800 I've gotten 20 hours and 30 minutes with pretty heavy use, though data was off for 8 of those hours while I was asleep. But, I've had over half a dozen phone calls, lots of texts and emails, used google maps, and browsed for about half an hour before the battery got to 5%. The phone its a bit sluggish when waking sometimes, but other than that no issues answering calls and it's almost as fast as prime using interactive.

Good job. Thanks for a great kernel.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah, I don't know whether I love this kernel or should be concerned. I loaded it up when my phone was at 70% battery and started using the bumblebee governor. I then charged to 100%.

Its been 3 hours off the charge with a pretty decent amount of use and I am still at 100%. Either this kernel has stellar battery life or something isn't working right. I guess I'll see how long I can go and report back.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA, OG Droid
    I keep looking for a changelog for the new kernel...

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.

Sync your files online and across computers and your Android with Dropbox. Instant photo uploads and cloud galleries. Share uploaded files with a link or collaborate documents with other Dropbox users. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/BOgwUVW

I don't have a DX, it's just a name. Made it before the DX existed,oops
    !
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimis View Post
    Yeah, I don't know whether I love this kernel or should be concerned. I loaded it up when my phone was at 70% battery and started using the bumblebee governor. I then charged to 100%.

Its been 3 hours off the charge with a pretty decent amount of use and I am still at 100%. Either this kernel has stellar battery life or something isn't working right. I guess I'll see how long I can go and report back.
    After 4 hours, it finally dropped to 90%. Its now been nearly 5.5 hours and still at 90%.

I'm pretty amazed. With the usage I've been doing over the last 5.5 hours, I would normally be around 70% - 60% right now on deprimed #13. Hope everyone else is finding similar results. Good job, prime!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

After 4 hours, it finally dropped to 90%. Its now been nearly 5.5 hours and still at 90%.

I'm pretty amazed. With the usage I've been doing over the last 5.5 hours, I would normally be around 70% - 60% right now on deprimed #13. Hope everyone else is finding similar results. Good job, prime!
    It's very possible the battery stats are out of whack and you might see a drop from 50->20 in a matter of minutes or something. Once charged again to 100%, try wiping battery stats in recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDroidX View Post
    I keep looking for a changelog for the new kernel...

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.
    Unfortuantely, prime is a self-admitted hater of changelogs. I'm with you however, I wish he did a little better with changelogs, and stamped version numbers on the different iterations and their associated filenames as well so you can find out easier if you are out of date.

Currently, I send to dropbox, then go to my dropbox app, and download the current straight from there. Because the filenames never change, it's a pain in the butt sometimes to delete in multiple locations based on how the Android Dropbox app handles things.

I say currently, but the last update I got from his update_deprimed script now that I switched back to CWR and it seemed to work well.

Regardless, prime does great work and I greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Maverick0984; 03-31-2011 at 07:52 AM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    I checked out the latest kernel via the update command and used bumblebee setting. I also ran the deprimed command. Got great battery life as others have said but was WAY sluggish when waking. Got tons of redraws when I would get none. I have since switched back to #12 using Milestone OC. Either way, great job prime.

Hope your daughter is doing well and no more bad migraines.
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post

It's very possible the battery stats are out of whack and you might see a drop from 50->20 in a matter of minutes or something. Once charged again to 100%, try wiping battery stats in recovery.
    Yeah, I knew it was too good to be true....after 6.5 hours last night, the battery was still at 90%. I went ahead and put it back on the charger anyway since I use have the homedock to use my phone as an alarm clock.

Today, battery life seems to have returned back to normal.....dropped 10% after 50min of moderate use.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    @Prime

You mentioned a few days ago that we should check out CPU tuner as an alternative to SetCPU. Do you have any suggestions on setting up triggers, profiles and the new virtual governors to make the most out of performance/battery life?

I've tweaked some of the settings and it has helped a bit, but something seems off. Also, the virtual governors seemed a little buggy- not sure if I had something set up wrong or what, so I just disabled them.
  9. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I will update the OP when time permits, I have been extremely busy since the last release.

I will post a CPU Tuner tutorial when the development settles back down, Patrick has been adding features at an impressive rate.

Guys you have to understand I have three kids, a wife, and no home currently. Life is difficult when you lose everything you have.

I appreciate your patience with me and my current situation.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    zachdroid
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    @Prime

Take your time man. Your hard work is widely and greatly appreciated. When you get to it you do. Real life has to take precedence. We will excitedly await any future work you have to offer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForumsp App
    Tapping screen as I talk to myself on my Bootstrapped Bionic
Page 89 of 266 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast

Links