DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 61 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 2655
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

  1. Master Droid
    jengas kahn's Avatar
    Member #
    174308
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    upstate
    Posts
    259
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    MOTOR DRUID
    look man, clearly you put a lot of hard work into what you do. its rare to see this level of dedication in anything, let alone something that can be so confusing to many of us. I would rather spend hours trying to figure out how to get my 20overclock customized to my phone as perfectly as possible than go flash some generic kernel that won't run half as well as any of yours. It can get frustrating... sorry for the words.
    Don't stop doing what you do.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jengas kahn View Post
    look man, clearly you put a lot of hard work into what you do. its rare to see this level of dedication in anything, let alone something that can be so confusing to many of us. I would rather spend hours trying to figure out how to get my 20overclock customized to my phone as perfectly as possible than go flash some generic kernel that won't run half as well as any of yours. It can get frustrating... sorry for the words.
    Don't stop doing what you do.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I never meant to make you think there were words, no worries at all.

    I enjoy doing this (been at it for years), I'm not going anywhere. (=
  3. Droid Ninja
    captdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    83020
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,797
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Prime, tried your latest primed #14 with CM 6.1.2 (decided to stay with 6.1.2 instead of moving up to CM build 248 for now). Ran ok but had slowness with wifi when I tested on both CM build 248 and CM 6.1.2.

    Back using mtwebster stock kernel at the moment. I plan on re-installing your original mtwebster stock kanged kernel with overclock mod and compcache fix (don't use compcache though). That kernel with overclock tweaks ran the best for me at least on CM 6. I do have deprimed test #12 running on my g/f sons phone at the moment running CM 6.1.2. I'll have to ask him how it's working.

    I'll keep an eye on things with your kernel development in particular the deprimed and decide when to try that one again on CM 6. Assuming I don't end up back on CM 7 which at this time seems unlikely. But who knows what may transpire in the dev community before things are said and done for the D1

    Right now with CM 7 Gingerbread I am feeling like a need a hardware upgrade to run that sucker properly.. lol
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  4. Master Droid
    foxdog's Avatar
    Member #
    64591
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    479
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    So is primed kernel the one to go with?
  5. Master Droid
    foxdog's Avatar
    Member #
    64591
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    479
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Primed kernel is running super smooth for me so far
  6. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    Prime, tried your latest primed #14 with CM 6.1.2 (decided to stay with 6.1.2 instead of moving up to CM build 248 for now). Ran ok but had slowness with wifi when I tested on both CM build 248 and CM 6.1.2.

    Back using mtwebster stock kernel at the moment. I plan on re-installing your original mtwebster stock kanged kernel with overclock mod and compcache fix (don't use compcache though). That kernel with overclock tweaks ran the best for me at least on CM 6. I do have deprimed test #12 running on my g/f sons phone at the moment running CM 6.1.2. I'll have to ask him how it's working.

    I'll keep an eye on things with your kernel development in particular the deprimed and decide when to try that one again on CM 6. Assuming I don't end up back on CM 7 which at this time seems unlikely. But who knows what may transpire in the dev community before things are said and done for the D1

    Right now with CM 7 Gingerbread I am feeling like a need a hardware upgrade to run that sucker properly.. lol
    Thank you for trying it and getting back.

    The latest winner00 build is doing great for myself, I got about 11 hours of HEAVY use yesterday (6 hours 10 minutes of screen on time) on my primed kernel...this is a new record for me.

    damn phone died before I could grab a final screenshot, here are a couple of shots at %15 battery

  7. Senior Droid
    itchn2go's Avatar
    Member #
    114921
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    114
    Phone
    Treo> Cento> Droid1> Rezound
    @ Prime...

    Tried the Primed Kernel but could get ext2/3 to be recognized. reinstalled de_primed and all worked again.
  8. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchn2go View Post
    @ Prime...

    Tried the Primed Kernel but could get ext2/3 to be recognized. reinstalled de_primed and all worked again.
    I found out the ext2/3 drivers cause marked CPU usage simply being loaded, on primed I modularized them.

    I am using link2sd on primed with the ext4 driver, the two images above are while using this combination.

    You have to modify the /etc/init.d/11link2sd file to use the ext4 driver.

    Here is my /etc/init.d/link2sd for primed:

    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    #added by link2sd
    modprobe ext4
    sleep 1
    Change your file to read the same on primed or deprimed and all should be fine upon boot.
    Last edited by prime; 03-14-2011 at 10:41 AM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    captdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    83020
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,797
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    Prime, tried your latest primed #14 with CM 6.1.2 (decided to stay with 6.1.2 instead of moving up to CM build 248 for now). Ran ok but had slowness with wifi when I tested on both CM build 248 and CM 6.1.2.

    Back using mtwebster stock kernel at the moment. I plan on re-installing your original mtwebster stock kanged kernel with overclock mod and compcache fix (don't use compcache though). That kernel with overclock tweaks ran the best for me at least on CM 6. I do have deprimed test #12 running on my g/f sons phone at the moment running CM 6.1.2. I'll have to ask him how it's working.

    I'll keep an eye on things with your kernel development in particular the deprimed and decide when to try that one again on CM 6. Assuming I don't end up back on CM 7 which at this time seems unlikely. But who knows what may transpire in the dev community before things are said and done for the D1

    Right now with CM 7 Gingerbread I am feeling like a need a hardware upgrade to run that sucker properly.. lol
    Thank you for trying it and getting back.

    The latest winner00 build is doing great for myself, I got about 11 hours of HEAVY use yesterday (6 hours 10 minutes of screen on time) on my primed kernel...this is a new record for me.

    damn phone died before I could grab a final screenshot, here are a couple of shots at %15 battery

    No problem. I am liking your original overclock mod once again running CM 6.1.2. Another thing I encountered running CM7 is limited memory issues. The programs I need to have running all the time are just to much with CM7 loaded up on a D1 (can't have them unloading and loading constantly to maintain performance) but with CM6 works perfectly, fast, and great battery life.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  10. Droid Ninja
    danceswithbongs's Avatar
    Member #
    143140
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A TeePee outside of Detroit
    Posts
    1,040
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Love reading this, as a Link2Sd addict.
    Are you saying de or re will both mount running that altered script, no extra module needed to be loaded?
    And creates the ext2 folder or do you create that beforehand?
    Thanks and great news.
    danceswithbongs
    Prime you the primest

    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itchn2go View Post
    @ Prime...

    Tried the Primed Kernel but could get ext2/3 to be recognized. reinstalled de_primed and all worked again.
    I found out the ext2/3 drivers cause marked CPU usage simply being loaded, on primed I modularized them.

    I am using link2sd on primed with the ext4 driver, the two images above are while using this combination.

    You have to modify the /etc/init.d/11link2sd file to use the ext4 driver.

    Here is my /etc/init.d/link2sd for primed:

    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    #added by link2sd
    modprobe ext4
    sleep 1
    Change your file to read the same on primed or deprimed and all should be fine upon boot.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Using GB break 1.2, all i need?
    By BioInclined in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 10:57 PM
  2. B-boy™ needs a break
    By B-boy™ in forum B-boy™ - D1
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 11:15 PM
  3. So, what did I break?
    By Maverick0984 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:45 AM
  4. Bad D1 3G. Did I break it?
    By keithjx in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM

Search tags for this page

bumblebee governor android
,

deprimed kernel

,
deprimed kernel download
,
deprimed kernel droid
,
directory nonexistent link2sd
,
droid1 deprimed test
,
fiops vs sio
,
link2sd directory nonexistent
,
prime kernel
,
primed kernel
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+