DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 50 of 266 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bill1253 View Post
    kernel 12 is running great!
    using scripts overclock and primed
    Glad to hear it, I hope the battery life proves to be there...speedy kernel this one
    Prime Idk what's going on I loaded this new kernel up and had a reboot, didn't load from the M and now I'm lagging like hell and running hot!!!!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Your the man Prime! #12 up and running well. I had some reboots on 11 but 12 is great so far.
    Project Elite v6.5 Link2SD for apps on sdext and Super Freaking Charged thanks to ZepplinRox!
    Thanks to all the devs out there keeping the OG Droid running strong!
    Join Dropbox for all your file storage and sharing needs, join from this link to give me more space
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmunk View Post
    Glad to hear it, I hope the battery life proves to be there...speedy kernel this one
    Prime Idk what's going on I loaded this new kernel up and had a reboot, didn't load from the M and now I'm lagging like hell and running hot!!!!!!

Was there free space in /system when you installed? If it was too full maybe only parts of the update got installed which could create problems. Also do you use SetCPU or CM settings to set your frequency slots on boot? The new slots might be different from what you were using and maybe it is trying to set non-existent frequencies on boot and having issues? Just some guesses, good luck.
    Project Elite v6.5 Link2SD for apps on sdext and Super Freaking Charged thanks to ZepplinRox!
    Thanks to all the devs out there keeping the OG Droid running strong!
    Join Dropbox for all your file storage and sharing needs, join from this link to give me more space
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    After I run the primed command, it reset my slots/vsels correctly, but SetCPU will not go down to 200Mhz. It keeps the min at 250 even though the main and profile sliders don't recognize 250 as a slot...just 200,350,450etc.

SetCPU shows that it's not spending any TiS at 200. Just 350+.

Should I just edit the 20overclock script so the min is 250? I liked 200 in the previous tests.
  5. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

My device is 74 degrees Fahrenheit while constantly getting emails and tweets, it seems your device simply does not agree with this kernels stock voltages. You will need to create and adjust a 20overclock file.

Do this in terminal:

Code:
    su
    primed
    sysrw
    Open /etc/init.d/20overclock and raise or lower the voltages (vsel) for each slot, I'm unsure which way you need to go but I believe it's up.
  6. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chilipepprflea View Post
    After I run the primed command, it reset my slots/vsels correctly, but SetCPU will not go down to 200Mhz. It keeps the min at 250 even though the main and profile sliders don't recognize 250 as a slot...just 200,350,450etc.

Should I just edit the 20overclock script so the min is 250? I liked 200 in the previous tests.
    It's because you can't go lower than the stock kernels lowest slot, I don't believe milestone overclock has always behaved this way but I have no fix currently. I will have to lower the default lowest slot to 125mhz on my next kernel to resolve this issue, unless I figure out a way in code.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIP View Post

Was there free space in /system when you installed? If it was too full maybe only parts of the update got installed which could create problems. Also do you use SetCPU or CM settings to set your frequency slots on boot? The new slots might be different from what you were using and maybe it is trying to set non-existent frequencies on boot and having issues? Just some guesses, good luck.
    I use setcpu and it loaded up properly, I think it was me and how I edited the script everything is working like a charm after I ran primed and rebooted. Thanks!

8. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    Premium Member
    @chipmunk

Glad to hear it.
  9. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    Premium Member
    Battery life is much better for me on #12. Anyone else noticing an improvement?
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by chilipepprflea View Post

It's because you can't go lower than the stock kernels lowest slot, I don't believe milestone overclock has always behaved this way but I have no fix currently. I will have to lower the default lowest slot to 125mhz on my next kernel to resolve this issue, unless I figure out a way in code.
    Edited 20overclock and set lowest clock speed to 250. All is well thanks!

I've always had issues with the phone waking up for calls. Even when lowest slot is 250. I assume I get all calls, but sometimes the slider to answer doesn't show up 'til it's too latel. Is the only way to avoid this raise the min slot/vsel?

If Screen Off profile is set at 250min/400max, will that typically use more power than 250/250? Will 250/400 theoretically improve the wake for call issue?

Links