DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 49 of 266 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 2655
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

  1. Master Droid
    DanDroidX's Avatar
    Member #
    87034
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Mexico, The Land of Entrapment
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA, OG Droid
    I'm getting reboots on 11. Don't know why.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

    Sync your files online and across computers and your Android with Dropbox. Instant photo uploads and cloud galleries. Share uploaded files with a link or collaborate documents with other Dropbox users. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/BOgwUVW


    I don't have a DX, it's just a name. Made it before the DX existed,oops
    !
  2. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,829
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    deprimed #12 up, I will post the changes later
  3. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,829
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Deprimed test #12 (Kernel reports #7) - same URL

    Changed kernel vermagic to 2.6.32.9-deprimed, integrated overclock into kernel source, added one more overclock variable to overclock script, removed mailbox support on DSP, more defined set of networking options, removed more debugging from PowerVR graphic driver, enabled low-level LCD backlight control, etc..etc.

    You do not need Milestone Overclock to use the overclock script any more, but I had to update the application to deal with the fact that I changed the kernel vermagic to (2.6.32.9-deprimed) instead of (2.6.32.9) for the time being.

    I really hope this kernel does better than the last for everyone.
    Last edited by prime; 03-06-2011 at 11:55 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    DanDroidX's Avatar
    Member #
    87034
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Mexico, The Land of Entrapment
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA, OG Droid
    12 works well. No reboot yet. Everything loaded ok in terminal. Thanks Prime.

    Sent from...

    Sync your files online and across computers and your Android with Dropbox. Instant photo uploads and cloud galleries. Share uploaded files with a link or collaborate documents with other Dropbox users. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/BOgwUVW


    I don't have a DX, it's just a name. Made it before the DX existed,oops
    !
  5. Droid
    armin369's Avatar
    Member #
    85911
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Deprimed test #12 (Kernel reports #7) - same URL

    Changed kernel vermagic to 2.6.32.9-deprimed, integrated overclock into kernel source, added one more overclock variable to overclock script, removed mailbox support on DSP, more defined set of networking options, removed more debugging from PowerVR graphic driver, enabled low-level LCD backlight control, etc..etc.

    You do not need Milestone Overclock to use the overclock script any more, but I had to update the application to deal with the fact that I changed the kernel vermagic to (2.6.32.9-deprimed) instead of (2.6.32.9) for the time being.

    I really hope this kernel does better than the last for everyone.

    HAHA I saw that in the OP you posted ( I hate doing change logs ).

    You should just make bulletins. If someone doesn't get it, then they'll ask and I'm sure someone will be able to answer.
    My Droid:

    -CyanongenMod 7 Nightlies .
    -Stock Kernel
  6. Droid
    BoddhiC's Avatar
    Member #
    37953
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    49
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Prime, I am amazed at all of the improvements you are making. There have been many modded kernels in the past, but I feel pretty certain that none of their makers have put in the time to improve and attempt to perfect every aspect of the kernel the way you have. This kernel is amazing and gets better ever build.

    Just sent a donation your way
  7. Senior Droid
    bill1253's Avatar
    Member #
    31458
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    197
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    kernel 12 is running great!
    using scripts overclock and primed
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  8. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,829
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoddhiC View Post
    Prime, I am amazed at all of the improvements you are making. There have been many modded kernels in the past, but I feel pretty certain that none of their makers have put in the time to improve and attempt to perfect every aspect of the kernel the way you have. This kernel is amazing and gets better ever build.

    Just sent a donation your way
    Thanks so much for your gratuitous donation.

    My intention has always been to release the finest Droid kernel, I think were off to a decent start thus far. If/when I get that perfect base kernel I can move on to phase two, phase two should make the kernel stand even further from the pack.

    I appreciate every one of my deprimed testers and thank you all for spreading the good word about the kernel.
  9. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,829
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bill1253 View Post
    kernel 12 is running great!
    using scripts overclock and primed
    Glad to hear it, I hope the battery life proves to be there...speedy kernel this one
  10. Master Droid
    gambit07's Avatar
    Member #
    129334
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    384
    Phone
    Motorola Droid, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bill1253 View Post
    kernel 12 is running great!
    using scripts overclock and primed
    +1, hopefully battery life will be good as well, I'll be testing today

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Using GB break 1.2, all i need?
    By BioInclined in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 10:57 PM
  2. B-boy™ needs a break
    By B-boy™ in forum B-boy™ - D1
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 11:15 PM
  3. So, what did I break?
    By Maverick0984 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:45 AM
  4. Bad D1 3G. Did I break it?
    By keithjx in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM

Search tags for this page

bumblebee governor android
,

deprimed kernel

,
deprimed kernel download
,
deprimed kernel droid
,
directory nonexistent link2sd
,
droid1 deprimed test
,
fiops vs sio
,
link2sd directory nonexistent
,
prime kernel
,
primed kernel
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+