DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 151 of 266 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2655
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

  1. Senior Droid
    esheesle's Avatar
    Member #
    143951
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    183
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by esheesle View Post
    Prime, so if I switch from stock cm7 to your kernel(and set the max cpu to 600) should I expect a battery life increase or about the same? Just curious what sort of improvements you've made.
    You should see a noticeable increase in battery life coming from the stock kernel or from the previous deprimed as well.

    You will need to read the BFS links to better understand how it works.
    Any idea when we'll all get a shot at it?
  2. Droid Ninja
    danceswithbongs's Avatar
    Member #
    143140
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A TeePee outside of Detroit
    Posts
    1,040
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Prime
    Why it exactly that all the custom ROMs seem to use the same busybox version. But that version has seemed to be outdated for a long time now.
    What is the underlying reasoning behind sticking with the older version rather than incorporating the advances and added tools in the newer versions.
    No rush, but that has always been something I've wondered.
    My mom told me it's that way because she said so.
    My dad told me life isn't fair.
    Are they both right?
    Oh and my brother blamed it on me.
    I must really suck.

    walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  3. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by esheesle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by esheesle View Post
    Prime, so if I switch from stock cm7 to your kernel(and set the max cpu to 600) should I expect a battery life increase or about the same? Just curious what sort of improvements you've made.
    You should see a noticeable increase in battery life coming from the stock kernel or from the previous deprimed as well.

    You will need to read the BFS links to better understand how it works.
    Any idea when we'll all get a shot at it?
    The update is available now.
  4. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danceswithbongs View Post
    Prime
    Why it exactly that all the custom ROMs seem to use the same busybox version. But that version has seemed to be outdated for a long time now.
    What is the underlying reasoning behind sticking with the older version rather than incorporating the advances and added tools in the newer versions.
    No rush, but that has always been something I've wondered.
    My mom told me it's that way because she said so.
    My dad told me life isn't fair.
    Are they both right?
    Oh and my brother blamed it on me.
    I must really suck.

    walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
    I haven't torn into that issue yet but will.

    Busybox not you sucking.
  5. Droid Ninja
    danceswithbongs's Avatar
    Member #
    143140
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A TeePee outside of Detroit
    Posts
    1,040
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post

    I haven't torn into that issue yet but will.

    Busybox not you sucking.
    Literally preempted what would have been my next post

    walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  6. GoBigOrGoHome70's Avatar
    Member #
    185409
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    71
    Twitter
    GoBigOrGoHome70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    May be a ipv6 issue, try this to temporarily disabled it:

    Code:
    su
    sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
    *edit*
    Are you using an ad blocker?
    Not using an ad blocker. Disabling ipv6 definitely seems to help. So what does that mean? Do I make changes to router settings?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    meishkov's Avatar
    Member #
    37113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    958
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    A new advancement in the kernel? Oh boy
    I'm a little lost here. I'm on winner's cm7.0.2 #57 and on Pete's newest kernel. So if I flash the deprimed link in prime's sig, then do I have run deprimed in the terminal emulator using su permissions of course? I looked through it, the new BFS is that active using updated_deprimed in terminal emulator? And where can I change the vsel values again? Any recommendations?
  8. Droid Ninja
    danceswithbongs's Avatar
    Member #
    143140
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A TeePee outside of Detroit
    Posts
    1,040
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome70 View Post
    Not using an ad blocker. Disabling ipv6 definitely seems to help. So what does that mean? Do I make changes to router settings?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    I think it compresses the data being sent or maybe receivered?
    It is, as far as I remember reading, ipv4 only compressed or something like that.

    walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  9. Droid
    rancur3p1c's Avatar
    Member #
    83308
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    66
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    wow this BFS is a lot faster and responsive. This is great. Previously for whatever reason the LauncherPro appDrawer fly in effect was laggy every other time I went to it. This is butter smooth. More responsive to interaction too.
  10. GoBigOrGoHome70's Avatar
    Member #
    185409
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    71
    Twitter
    GoBigOrGoHome70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by danceswithbongs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome70 View Post
    Not using an ad blocker. Disabling ipv6 definitely seems to help. So what does that mean? Do I make changes to router settings?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    I think it compresses the data being sent or maybe receivered?
    It is, as far as I remember reading, ipv4 only compressed or something like that.

    walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
    No, ipv6 shouldn't have anything to do with compression. I know what it is, but I don't know how to interpret the fact that disabling helps.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Using GB break 1.2, all i need?
    By BioInclined in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 10:57 PM
  2. B-boy™ needs a break
    By B-boy™ in forum B-boy™ - D1
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 11:15 PM
  3. So, what did I break?
    By Maverick0984 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:45 AM
  4. Bad D1 3G. Did I break it?
    By keithjx in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM

Search tags for this page

bumblebee governor android
,

deprimed kernel

,
deprimed kernel download
,
deprimed kernel droid
,
directory nonexistent link2sd
,
droid1 deprimed test
,
fiops vs sio
,
link2sd directory nonexistent
,
prime kernel
,
primed kernel
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+