DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 109 of 266 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2655
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

  1. Beta Team
    sbenson's Avatar
    Member #
    162628
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Posts
    2,372
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chmcclellan View Post
    sbenson-
    What's your opinion of link2sd? Do you keep an inordinate amount of apps or have you noticed benefits other than the increased storage?

    I've only recently considered setting up an sd partition for apps, but opinion seems split so I haven't taken the plunge.
    Increased storage is the only real benefit I've noticed.
    Same here. Mainly increase storage, but like Godfather, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I can keep my internal storage from being filled to the brim.
  2. Beta Team
    sbenson's Avatar
    Member #
    162628
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Posts
    2,372
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post

    It may be working fine but if you check you will see that /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 will be mounted twice, once to /sd-ext and once to /data/sdext2

    Also the ext2/3 drivers have been known to cause higher CPU usage.
    Ok, sounds good. Downloading now. My second question is can I just install this as-is since I have Link2sd installed and working? Or should I uninstall and start from scratch?

    Edit: And do I flash this through recovery? Do I have to remove the existing 11link2sd file?
    Re-download again from the same link, I updated the routine to remove /etc/init.d/11link2sd as well.

    The zip also includes a script that raises the default sd card cache from 128 Kilobytes to 3 Megabytes, it speeds up the sd card substantially.


    If your already using a method to change the cache please remove it.

    I think I know the answer, but do I flash this through recovery?
  3. Beta Team
    sbenson's Avatar
    Member #
    162628
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Posts
    2,372
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by chmcclellan View Post
    sbenson-
    What's your opinion of link2sd? Do you keep an inordinate amount of apps or have you noticed benefits other than the increased storage?

    I've only recently considered setting up an sd partition for apps, but opinion seems split so I haven't taken the plunge.
    I forgot to mention the most obvious benefit in my opinion is the fact that with your apps on an sdext partition, you don't have to wait for them to load on startup like you would if they were on your standard fat32 partion.

    When you move your apps to sd the "regular way" (through titanium backup or whatever) you'll notice when you reboot, your apps won't show up until the sd card is done reading. Sometimes this can be up to a minute or more. On the other hand, when your apps are on the sdext partition it acts as an extension of your built in hard drive. Upon boot, it's read instantly and all of your apps are available immediately. There will be some apps that you can't move (because they get buggy) so you'll just have to test which ones should.
  4. Master Droid
    droidkevlar's Avatar
    Member #
    61270
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    457
    Phone
    r00ted D1
    prime, i dont recall seeing anything in the first post or reading through out the posts, but have you updated Milestone OC to work with your latest deprimed?
    Thunderbolt r00ted
    Transformer r00ted
  5. Beta Team
    sbenson's Avatar
    Member #
    162628
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia/DC Metro Area
    Posts
    2,372
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post

    It may be working fine but if you check you will see that /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 will be mounted twice, once to /sd-ext and once to /data/sdext2

    Also the ext2/3 drivers have been known to cause higher CPU usage.
    Ok, sounds good. Downloading now. My second question is can I just install this as-is since I have Link2sd installed and working? Or should I uninstall and start from scratch?

    Edit: And do I flash this through recovery? Do I have to remove the existing 11link2sd file?
    Re-download again from the same link, I updated the routine to remove /etc/init.d/11link2sd as well.

    The zip also includes a script that raises the default sd card cache from 128 Kilobytes to 3 Megabytes, it speeds up the sd card substantially.


    If your already using a method to change the cache please remove it.
    Prime, I think this zip file broke my existing link2sd links. It was strange, some worked, others didn't. I had to copy my old 11link2sd file back in to get them to work again. Any suggestions?

    The SD card speed is blazing fast though so that's good. Gallery is crazy fast. Thanks!!! If I can just get the other script to work I'll be set!

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited by sbenson; 04-06-2011 at 09:28 PM.
  6. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
    prime, i dont recall seeing anything in the first post or reading through out the posts, but have you updated Milestone OC to work with your latest deprimed?
    Updated and ready.
  7. GoBigOrGoHome70's Avatar
    Member #
    185409
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    71
    Twitter
    GoBigOrGoHome70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Anybody having trouble with #33 after 18 hrs of operation without a reboot? The last two days I've struggled with the phone in the morning until I reboot.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome70 View Post
    Anybody having trouble with #33 after 18 hrs of operation without a reboot? The last two days I've struggled with the phone in the morning until I reboot.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Are you running compcache?
  9. GoBigOrGoHome70's Avatar
    Member #
    185409
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    71
    Twitter
    GoBigOrGoHome70
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome70 View Post
    Anybody having trouble with #33 after 18 hrs of operation without a reboot? The last two days I've struggled with the phone in the morning until I reboot.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Are you running compcache?
    Yes, 18%.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome70 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome70 View Post
    Anybody having trouble with #33 after 18 hrs of operation without a reboot? The last two days I've struggled with the phone in the morning until I reboot.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Are you running compcache?
    Yes, 18%.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    It's likely compcache is full up, open a terminal and type this:

    su
    compcache restart

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Using GB break 1.2, all i need?
    By BioInclined in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 10:57 PM
  2. B-boy™ needs a break
    By B-boy™ in forum B-boy™ - D1
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 11:15 PM
  3. So, what did I break?
    By Maverick0984 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:45 AM
  4. Bad D1 3G. Did I break it?
    By keithjx in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM

Search tags for this page

bumblebee governor android
,

deprimed kernel

,
deprimed kernel download
,
deprimed kernel droid
,
directory nonexistent link2sd
,
droid1 deprimed test
,
fiops vs sio
,
link2sd directory nonexistent
,
prime kernel
,
primed kernel
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+