Never hurts to ask, right?
If not, than I would try using the scanpst.exe utility and see if it finds any errors with your mailbox data.
I just received a Droid 2 Global from Verizon, which will definitely be going back because of significant Exchange complaints:
The Incredible is a replacement that I am considering, but this thread is also giving me some second thoughts. However, there seems to be less complaints for the DI compared to the D2G.
Any of you DI users (or friends, co-workers...) NOT experiencing the exchange sync issues? I am just trying to gauge if I may have better luck going with the DI.
I have not seen a lot of issues with either the Incredible or the Droid2. I would try these some the solutions below and see if they resolve your connectivity issue.
1) Make sure that any folder that is being synchronized does not have over 20k items in it. Exceeding this threshold can cause ActiveSync to time out.
2) Perform a hard reset of the phone by removing the battery and restarting it.
3) Flush the e-mail cache. Go to settings menu and choose Applications --> Manage Applications --> All --> E-mail --> Clear Cache.
4) Remove the affected account and add it back. Go to settings menu and choose Applications --> Manage Applications --> All --> E-mail --> Clear Data. Go to Accounts & Sync and confirm that account has been removed. Restart the phone and then add it back.
5) Some devices may not sync properly unless the Exchange account was the first account set up on the phone. In most cases it is not. This is because the user gets a prompt to set up their Google account when they activate their phone, which most oblige. The primary Google account cannot be deleted from the phone through the Accounts & Sync menu. The phone has to be reset. Resetting the phone will remove most applications and their settings. Users can download utilities that will back the application installers to their memory card. After the phone is reset and the accounts are configured in the proper order, they can reinstall the apps directly from the memory card vs. searching for them and downloading the installers again. One such utility is AppMonster. Once the phone is reset, have the user cancel out of the Google account set up, add the Exchange account, and then proceed with reconfiguring their device.
8) Use a third party e-mail client. Touchdown is one such client. It has a 30 day free trial and can be installed without reseting the phone. It will run side by side with the native e-mail application. If the customer wishes to by it, the one time fee is $19.99.
There is another free option. A developer has extracted the e-mail client from the Cyanogen mod and is offering it as a stand alone e-mail client in the Market. It is called "Improved Email". The Cyanogen mod is modification of the Android firmware, so Improved Email looks and functions just like the native e-mail application, but it has additional featues and does not seem to have the connectivity issues the original does. The phone does not need to be reset and the app will run in parallel with the native e-mail application.
Thanks Jim. For now, I have decided to check out D2G for the 30-day trial period. I read your post elsewhere about setting up the corporate account first - so, I got that correct from the start. Actually, native corporate setup was straightforward and has worked fine for the past couple of days. I had to use K9 for my secure IMAP - native is lousy.
I will keep monitoring.
I also had username/password error messages when setting up my Exchange account - and the information was correctly being entered. I just kept trying the "next" key and it eventually worked......must be an Android issue in general, but it certainly was annoying!
With that said....A friend of mine recently rooted his phone and was playing around with it when he lost his exchange connection. He then cleared his cache via an app for a different reason and voila....It cleared up the sync issue!! I'm not sure if his rooted app is necessary to clear up all the cache but I doubt that....I suspect as JRhodes mentions clearing the mail cache should do it but not sure. I have downloaded 'aCCleaner' and plan to clear the cache via that app and see what happens.
It looks like you are on to something in #3 that you posted above!! I have yet to test this out myself as I haven't lost my exchange connection since hearing about this. I have a feeling I may not see it as often as my company added 2 more exchange servers but I am not sure what affect that will have.
So anyone out there in Droid land that loses exchange sync connectivity please try to clear your cache and let us know what happens. Hopefully after clearing the cache and refreshing the email app it will reconnect and sync up.
I'll also let you know once I am able to test it. So far it has worked for a friend but not sure if others have had the same success.
I didn't read through all of this, and see that it's rather dated - but I was having problems with my Exchange ActiveSync on my Droid Incredible and figured out what was wrong - it made me feel very stupid but it easy to fix!
When I was entering information, the keyboard was automatically adding a space at the end of everything, and the activesync was reading all of my info as username_ and server_ etc.
Once I removed the spaces, it synced no problem. Again, sorry if this has already been brought up!