DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Incredible stuck in infinite start loop

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

Incredible stuck in infinite start loop

My Incredible was frozen so I tried to do a factory reset, now I am stuck in an infinite restart loop.. any ideas?

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    Need a bit more details please. Rooted? If so rom, kernel, radio, hboot?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Stock everything, but I did get the latest upgrade from the OTA Verizon put out.

I was using the google maps navigation and the phone shut itself off. After that when I tried to restart it was stuck at the white Droid Incredible screen.

Following instuctions online I tried to do a recovery (no dice) then a factory reset, and now I am stuck in an infinite restart loop, getting to the screen that looks like a eye and I hear the DROID voice, then right back to the white screen.

I'm going to head to Verizon on my lunch today I guess.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amsmith84 View Post
    Stock everything, but I did get the latest upgrade from the OTA Verizon put out.

I was using the google maps navigation and the phone shut itself off. After that when I tried to restart it was stuck at the white Droid Incredible screen.

Following instuctions online I tried to do a recovery (no dice) then a factory reset, and now I am stuck in an infinite restart loop, getting to the screen that looks like a eye and I hear the DROID voice, then right back to the white screen.

Unfortunately there have been issues with the update going OTA and Motorola has admitted it. By all means take you X to Verizon and let them fix it or replace it for you. We even have an article in our news section about this. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-ups-boot.html
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amsmith84 View Post

Unfortunately there have been issues with the update going OTA and Motorola has admitted it. By all means take you X to Verizon and let them fix it or replace it for you. We even have an article in our news section about this. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-ups-boot.html

Errrr he has an Incredible. But the same idea none the less. Seems to be a common problem even with the Incredible. Though if you did get the OTA you should be on a .92 Hboot which has the factory reset option in it. So you can try booting into Hboot and try the factory reset.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Actually a SHE

I did try a factory reboot. I am going in over lunch, all I know is they better not try to give me a refurb
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    Apologies my lady. I need to work on assuming.

Good luck. I know with my insurance claim one I got a new Slcd version that looks very nice.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I had a similar issue however I was rooted. I attempted to unroot my DInc in order to manually install Froyo before it came out via OTA. That's where my problem began and I never recovered from an endless boot loop. I tried to restore it but could not. I ended up bringing it back to Bestbuy Mobile which is where I purchased the Black Tie insurance (Thank God). They could not restore it either. They sent it in for repairs to their repair center in Texas and after about a month they said it has been repaired and I should be receiving it back by today or tomorrow.

I have asked if Bestbuy could ask the repair center what they did to fix it and will let you know when and if I find out anything.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC ReZound
    there have been a few of us that have had this issue. Only solution is a new phone. It will clear some times but comes back. Last time I had it happen it was there for 2 days cleared and then came back. New phone cured all

Sorry to give you bad news
    Chris
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    If you guys are at the point of returning phones, you might try the signed PB31IMG.zip and load through hboot. That will give you a clean install of 2.2.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Card needs to be FAT32. Pull battery, then replace. Hold volume down and press power button, wait for hboot screen then for the recognition of IMG file, then press volume up to load. Progress bar can be seen in upper right corner of the screen. Don't interrupt it.

Links