DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since 2.2 update broswer opens on last site visited

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Since 2.2 update broswer opens on last site visited

My Droid Incredible just updated to 2.2 today.

Since that update my Web Broswer will not open on the home page, it opens on whatever page I was last on.

Before someone says it's still running in the background, I kill it with advanced task killer. When I reopen it it takes a second to load like when it's being opened so I know it's closing and not just staying running.

I can't find anything in settings that is causing this, and my homepage is set correctly. Why would there even be a homepage setting if it was intended to do this.

Anyone else experiencing this, and/or have a suggestion for a solution?

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    That happened on my moto droid 2.2 I dont have 2.2 on my incredible yet but what i did was went into the windows page and just deleted that page it went back to google it happened a couple of times but then it stopped after I deleted th window a few times
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm not sure what you mean by "went into the windows page and just deleted that page".

I can delete the page from history but it doesn't change the page I am on.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by kabal22 View Post
    Before someone says it's still running in the background, I kill it with advanced task killer. When I reopen it it takes a second to load like when it's being opened so I know it's closing and not just staying running.
    Hmm so you are closing the app with task killer thus having android reopen the app in the background to put it back where it was?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I don't think it's actually reopening it by itself. The next time I click on the browser it opens to a blank screen and takes a few seconds to get to the page (like it's opening the program from nothing).

It just always goes to the last darn page I was on instead of the home page. I tried clearing cashe and cookies and history to no avail.

I even cleared the data on the app itself, which deleted all my bookmarks and saved passwords but still didn't fix the glitch.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2.2
    I don't think it's actually reopening it by itself. The next time I click on the browser it opens to a blank screen and takes a few seconds to get to the page (like it's opening the program from nothing).

It just always goes to the last darn page I was on instead of the home page. I tried clearing cashe and cookies and history to no avail.

I even cleared the data on the app itself, which deleted all my bookmarks and saved passwords but still didn't fix the glitch.
    I'm having the same exact problem, plus a big handful of others. This 2.2 "upgrade" is ****.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2

yes it is reopening them as that is how android works. its doesnt close the apps until it needs the resources for new apps running. normally when an app goes idle it uses no cpu power and almost no memory (ram).

so when you go and run your task killer and close and app, android knows the app is supposed to be where it left it so it reopens the app and idles it where its supposed to be. really all you are doing is wasting battery having the phone do work thats not needed.

what you see when the browser opens is it reloading the page that you were on before. I'm so used to using dolphin browser that i just close the tab(s) i was using before i go to the home screen
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Increadable
    This really seems like a very basic question and I have the same issue. WHEN I OPEN THE INTERNET AFTER CLOSING IT I DON'T WANT THE LAST PAGE I WANT THE HOME PAGE
    Nor do I want to click around to get back to the homepage... that's just stupid.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    Only solution is to book mark your home page, and make a short cut on your desk top. Your browser will always open the last page you were on. It is set up that way, because if you were surfing and got a text message, phone call, etc (anything that would temporarily take you away from your browser), you would have millions of people screaming because they dont know why they browser always goes back to their home page.
    Long press on your homescreen
    shortcuts
    bookmark
    google
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Increadable
    Thank you... simple, direct and it made sense.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links