DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: notification sounds

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid incredible by HTC

notification sounds

Why can't I use one of my ringtones as my text message sound? When setting my notification sounds I only get a short list of pre-installed tones (that all suck). Does anyone know of a way to use my downloaded ringtones as notification sounds?
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mag246 View Post
    Why can't I use one of my ringtones as my text message sound? When setting my notification sounds I only get a short list of pre-installed tones (that all suck). Does anyone know of a way to use my downloaded ringtones as notification sounds?
    I'm not sure how it works in the Incredible, but I use an app called ringdroid to make tones from my mp3 files. Now using Handcent, and I think the stock works the same way you go to settings and notiifiations. There it gives you the standard notifications, but if you create them with ringdroid those notifications also are included in the stock notifications.

Also Google says there is more on it here: HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Audio and Ringtones

So check that out too.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'd assume it's the same as the Droid. Connect the device to your PC, create a folder called Notifications and put your audio files in it. You can do the same for Alarms. When you go in to select your preferred tone it ought to be there.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Thumbs up

The best way to have custom ringtones and alert sounds is to create it yourself. Download from the Market the app RingDroid and cut and snip a song ( or any recorded sound) you may have. Save the file by hitting the floppy disk icon. SAVE AS Type: Notification. The default is ringtone so you do have to arrow down to select the notification option.

Then you go to your Messaging app, hit Menu, Settings. Scroll down to find Notification Settings, Select Ringtone. What you created in RingDroid will now be listed along the generic stock sounds. Select your new sound.

You can also use this app to create sounds for Alarms. I was tired of waking up to the Rooster alarm so I created my own. It is one of the best app there is!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid incredible by HTC
    where do I put the "notifications" folder? are the tones in that folder going to automatically show up in the list of notification tones?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mag246 View Post
    where do I put the "notifications" folder? are the tones in that folder going to automatically show up in the list of notification tones?
    Just put it in the root (main) folder of your SD card, and yes, when you go to select a notification ringtone, the ones you threw in that folder ought to be there with everything else. That's how I've been doing it for some time now.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid incredible by HTC
    When I hook my incredible to my computer it shows 2 drives (Removable disk E and F) neither of which are accessible. How do I access the memory card so I can create the "notifications" folder?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Found a thread on connecting the device to a PC and accessing the drives...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...edible-pc.html
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by OyVOid View Post
    The best way to have custom ringtones and alert sounds is to create it yourself. Download from the Market the app RingDroid and cut and snip a song ( or any recorded sound) you may have. Save the file by hitting the floppy disk icon. SAVE AS Type: Notification. The default is ringtone so you do have to arrow down to select the notification option.

Then you go to your Messaging app, hit Menu, Settings. Scroll down to find Notification Settings, Select Ringtone. What you created in RingDroid will now be listed along the generic stock sounds. Select your new sound.

You can also use this app to create sounds for Alarms. I was tired of waking up to the Rooster alarm so I created my own. It is one of the best app there is!
    This worked GREAT! Thank you! The Ringdroid app is free and worked great. I found the already-downloaded music file, edited it, then saved it as a Notification. It them prompted me if I wanted to make it the default for Notifications (texts), and I did. Works great! This is exactly what I wanted.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Ringo lite or Pro let's you assign to individual contacts as well as default text tone. Very cool for those of us who want to know whether to bother looking or not. I've got started red alert set for my wifes text tone, and a different one for each child,family member and friends

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA

Links