A FACTORY RESET is not an option for most people so i've been looking elsewhere for solutions to this annoying notification memory problem.
My research has shown me that this error doesn't appear to be the same for everyone.
- Some people have a problem with the HTC mail app (better settings below)
- Some people have a problem with the internet browser cache.
- Some people have a problem with the Peep cache.
- Some people have too many messages- have to delete
- Some people have an insanely large call history- have to delete
HTC MAIL SETTINGS- these settings changes had a short term affect (one week)
MAIL>Menu>more>Settings>General settings>Temporary attachment storage> sd card
Send & receive> mail size limit> no limit
My possible solution- hopefully long term
Clear the contact storage cache
SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS>CONTACT STORAGE>clear cache
I'm curious if this solution is longterm or not.
I cleared the peep and browser cache but it only helped for 2 days.
Taking off the HTC MAIL app also only had a temporary effect.
Does clearing the CONTACT STORAGE cache have a long term effect?