DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone Storage Full? but It's NOT.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid HTC Incredible

Phone Storage Full? but It's NOT.

I'm getting a message stating that my Phone Storage is full. It's not. It's got tons of space (phone and SD card both are very free). This happened before and I took my Incredible into the Verizon store. The employees were stumped, said I probably got a virus, then rebooted my phone. Lost everything :\

It's happened again. I tried deleting all my apps and texts but still getting the message. I have videos and photos that I want to save before rebooting my phone. How do I move them to my SD card from my phone (without using a computer)?

Please help! Very frustrated...
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I think there is a thread on this, you pretty much have to defragment it in a sense. I believe you need a file manager to go into the system files and delete everything all of the way.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfitz88 View Post
    The employees were stumped, said I probably got a virus, then rebooted my phone. Lost everything :\
    Did they ask before resetting your phone?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    i got this a while back i heard its a fault on the software when using the stock mail app for yahoo and other mail clients that are not gmail related. not totally sure but i was using the mail app for my yahoo email and got the message and i had to do the full reset also and lost everything
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Do you get the message when you are trying to update an app from the market? I have found on my phone that when I get this error if I uninstall the app and then re-download the problem goes away.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Had this same issue myself yesterday. I called VZW tech support and he was stumped, so he transferred me to HTC support. One of the very first things HTC said to me was I needed to install Advanced Task Killer. I didn't have it because of all the posts on here about it. But to appease her, I tried to download it. However, because my phone thought I was low on memory, it wouldn't let me download.

After doing all sorts of checking and deleting apps, we ended up wiping my phone to fix the problem. So now, it's like I have a new phone again. HTC had no idea what could have caused the issue, but I'm just glad it wasn't something with the phone (hardware).

I posted this on another forum and someone mentioned that he also had the same issue and was either with Google Earth or SWYPE Beta. I had them both installed on my phone at the time so don't know which one was the culprit.

Did you have either of these apps installed?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Are you guys using Yahoo with the stock email app/widget? I think I remember reading that this could be the issue.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    I'm not using yahoo
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

I had the exact same problem and fixed it.

I too was getting "Phone storage full" errors, was not able to open a text, was getting tons of force closes and my phone was not downloading email, all with 6.59 gb free.

I am not running any other email client besides Gmail, but knew that the problem started when I updated a bunch of my apps. After reading through this thread, the only items mentioned that might apply to me where Swype and Google Earth, both of which I believe were apps that got updated. I was also already running advanced task killer.

I deleted both and shut down my phone and removed the battery for about 10 seconds. Everything is working now, except of course Swype and Google Earth. I loved Swype, although after shutting it off temporarily one day, I was never able to get it to start up again. I expect I will re-install both, although separately and carefully and with the knowledge I may have to turn around and delete them.

I have a great fear of someone doing a hard reset without my knowledge/permission and am very disappointed that while I was able to solve my own problem with the help of this thread, neither Verizon nor HTC seem to have this ability. I sure hope they all get their act together,as I am also one of those suffering with HORRIBLE battery life and would be much happier with this phone if some actual customer service were available.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    add one and see if it happens again. I think earth might be the culprit.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links