DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: screen freaks out when editing text messages

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

screen freaks out when editing text messages

I tried searching to see if anyone else has this problem, but I couldn't find any combination of terms that yields anything close to what I'm experiencing.

Periodically when composing a text message with the phone rotated (ie: all I can see is the keyboard and text box) my phone will randomly exit the compose view and return to the message view. It will randomly highlight a message farther up in the chain of messages than what I am replying to. If I return to composing the message in the horizontal mode it will either immediately return me to the previous screen or after a random period of time do so. Sometimes it returns to normal on it's own, sometimes I have to power cycle.

Has anyone else experienced this?

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible on Verizon

screen freak out

Yes! I had this happen this morning when I was replying to an email. I was typing along and suddenly it went out to the message I was replying to...I got back to the compose area and continued and the screen kept flickering. I finally got it done but frustrating. Then I went to the internet and while browsing a page I was scrolling down and it suddenly went to the top of the page and wouldn't let me go down further. I exited the page and came back and then it selected a link on it's own and started to go to that page. Very strange activity. I had downloaded two new things last night but used it for awhile to read a book after I downloaded those things and it was fine. In any case I've removed those two items and will see how it goes. Suggestions welcome! It had all the look of a virus but I know these things aren't very susceptible to viruses...or at least that seems to be what I am reading on various android sites.
  4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    Clean your screens..
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible on Verizon

Clean Screens

I'll do that but I do it every morning and often throughout the day so I'm doubtful that's the problem.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    YES, YES, YEEEES!!! God, I feel like the last unicorn that just discoverer a whole herd of unicorns that are all having the same problem! I felt like I was the only person having these problems with the screen jumping around when composing (trying to) an email, it's bad. If I tap the screen to place the curser the screen jumps to the top of the message, then I scroll down, ever so gently as to not piss off this extremely tempermental Droidx. Its hard to do the things I bought this phone for, extreme applications like.... email.....
    I mean, come on, this is basic stuff.

Don't guy me wrong, this device is wonderful, but after a seek of using it, I almost threw it out my car window today. In landscape mode: keyboard covers the entire screen, or tap the screen and the message jumps to beginning, or to the end... but apparently the middle of the message is off limits.. funny, when my boss wants the email respond NOW, he is unsympathetic, imagine that. "So, sounds like your Droid isn't as great as you thought..." . Moto, fix this, now.. or YOU'RE FIRED.
    Last edited by baddobusmc; 11-02-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Links