DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Reboot loop, can't recover, can't factory reset

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Reboot loop, can't recover, can't factory reset

So my phone got stuck in some kind of reboot loop today, I run cm7.1, not sure if that matters but it is rooted is my point.

I did the powerbutton down volume to enter Hboot, and selected recovery, when I select it, it reboots the phone starting a reboot loop again, so I can't try wiping the cache or the dalvik cache, It does the same thing when I tried factory reset, the only option that I know that works is fast boot options which don't help, and then clear storage but I already tried that as well and it also enters the reboot loop.

anyone know what I need to do? I rooted it a while ago but I'm guessing I need to get the usb driver for Hboot and fix something in the phone itself???

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Its an error on HTC end. Mine did the same thing from May 22 until end of June. After numerous calls and complaints to my local VZW they finally fessed up there was no fix and replaced my phone. It was reboot at 2am for about 5 hours and its almost every night. After a week of rebooting it stops for a week and repeats again. From what my VZW store supervisor has told me HTC is trying to get a fix. My fiance, my self and 3 co workers have had ours replaced due to the same thing.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Depends on the Day

Reloop issue new battery

So I got the HTC Incredible 6300 from a friend and the phone does reloop and never stops. I did find out that with a cold battery (in the fridge) the phone almost boots all the way. So I purchased a new battery thinking that there was a short in the old battery causing a problem. Well still doing the same thing. I can get to the recovery and reboot modes but nothing changes.

With the cold battery the phone gets to the lock screen and then within a few seconds shuts off and reloops again with just the htc incredible white screen. This phone is not rooted that I am aware of, the person that I got it from does not know how to do that. I did find out that it is a refurbished phone.

Any ideas on where I can start to get this phone fixed? At this point it is more of my need to fix it due to my curiosity than anything else. I have never rooted or done anything on an Android phone so I am very green in this area.

Thanks all

Links