DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Help

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR

Please Help

I posted this in the Droid help forum, but figured Id put it here as well.....

I have had this HTC Droid Incredible since july of 2010. Things were going alright for awhile. And the past few months I have had countless errors, crashes and freezes. It all started with a "Low Space" message although there really was plenty of space. I deleted all of the third party apps, changed my email settings to only hold 2 days worth and cleared every cache I could find. It went away for about an hour and then bam, it came back. This led to freezes, force closes for every single app when trying to open it. Id remove the battery to get it to reboot. Then it started telling me I had no SD card installed, but I did. Then I got messages for new Droid updates being available but the phone would not reboot and then finally did one time leading to a screen with a red exclamation point. About two weeks of freezes, errors, exclamation points and crashes led me to finally attempt a factory reset. I backed up my media and contacts and proceeded to the settings menu to do the factory reset. It rebooted and went into the RED (!) all over again. So I found a thread with a hard reset. Did it, to no avail. Still have every app, contact and setting there even though it said it did it. So I tried to recover. no go, got the RED (!). Tried every menu option on the boot menu, only reset doesnt give me the RED (!) but it still doesnt reset. I HAVE ABOUT HAD IT. Anyone with some insight as to what the *&#*^$*^$*%$%*&%&^*^&$%*^*&%#*^%* is going on would be much appreciated as I have exhausted google, and droid forums for answers and I'm about to throw it through the dang window.

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    997 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Looks like this is the best place for this thread. I just wanted to let you know that I removed your other 2 identical threads. We do this to avoid confusion and people helping in multilple threads.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get some feedback soon enough.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Looks like this is the best place for this thread. I just wanted to let you know that I removed your other 2 identical threads. We do this to avoid confusion and people helping in multilple threads.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get some feedback soon enough.
    Thanks I hope so!
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Phone
    Verizon™ Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    You should be able to put a stock RUU on your SD via card reader or transfer from PC to SD and wipe your phone clean to start over. I'm not an HTC guru but I know a RUU will return your phone to brand new out ofof box state. Maybe wait for someone with more knowledge on it.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    magiman7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Have you tried switching out SD cards?

Also possibly time to find latest ruu and flash that.
    People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

If at first you don't succeed, paint it shiny white and put an Apple logo on it. You can make a fortune on upgrades.

7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR
    Thanks! Im willing to try anything. Any idea where to start with that process?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by magiman7 View Post
    Have you tried switching out SD cards?

Also possibly time to find latest ruu and flash that.
    Thanks! Youll have to forgive me........ but where do I start? Could you give me a step by step walk through?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    treefrog2k12k3
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Okay, I've actually done this so I have found the files once. I'll begin search and I should have links in a couple of minutes.
    "But WHY THE RUM?!!"
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    treefrog2k12k3
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    here is what I used. Unroot Your Droid Incredible | jonsuh.com Solved my problems, you will have to do some updates once it is done but it returns the phone to day one.
    "But WHY THE RUM?!!"
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    mrksbrd
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    its sounding more like some type of hardware failure to me, my guess would be internal storage.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links