DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Camera issue

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

Stock Camera issue

I apologize ahead of time if there happens to be a thread concerning this problem. I have been searching everywhere(including here) for a few days now and have not been able to find a solution or answer to my problem.

I have stock Incredible. Any time I try to open the camera, or camcorder, I get a black screen. I do not get any options, the menu does not pop up, and the only thing I can do is hit the home button to back out. If I allow it to sit on the black camera screen for a few moments, the message "Tap screen to activate camera" pops up. However, tapping the screen only makes the message go away. The camcorder does the same thing.

I have factory reset a few times. I have also went to clear any data from the app. When I go to Manage apps and down to the camera, it doesn't even show there is any data at all. No file size for the camera as well. I have formatted my sd card in hopes that was the problem, but that didn't help either. I have also tried to install and use other camera apps. When I try to pull those up, they lock up and force close.

I'm trying to think if there is anything else that I have tried that I'm forgetting. If there is, I will update my post.

Any help would be appreciated. Is it a software issue with the stock camera app? Hardware issue? If it is something I can fix, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks a bunch!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc AMOLED
    It sounds more like a hardware issue. It sounds like the phone is trying to initialize the camera and recognizes that is hasn't when it comes up with the message.

Is your phone still under warranty, or do you have insurance?
    Dinc AMOLED.................Lou's #9 kernel....|.........How to turn your brand new iPod touch into a brick
    Redemption 2.3 ............Advent font.........|.........Step 1: Connect your device to your computer
    Green theme 1.3............HTC FM Radio......|.........Step 2: Click "UPDATE" in iTunes
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Unfortunately, my phone is out of warranty, and I don't have insurance. I was starting to figure it was a hardware issue. Thanks for the confirmation.

Do you think it is the camera piece itself or the connection on the mainboard? Would it possibly fix the problem if I got another camera and switched them out?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc AMOLED
    hard to say... when you go into the app does the camera make any audible noise? Usually the camera clicks when it is initialized.
    Dinc AMOLED.................Lou's #9 kernel....|.........How to turn your brand new iPod touch into a brick
    Redemption 2.3 ............Advent font.........|.........Step 1: Connect your device to your computer
    Green theme 1.3............HTC FM Radio......|.........Step 2: Click "UPDATE" in iTunes
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    It doesn't make any noise at all.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc AMOLED
    I don't like suggesting this but have you tapped on the camera to see if it might just be stuck?
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    That I have not tried. How exactly would I go about doing that safely?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc AMOLED
    Open the camera app then tap the red rim around the camera lens with your finger. Tapping hard enough can damage the camera's auto focus is why I don't like suggesting it.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Ah okay. Well, I can't say I really have anything to lose with the camera right at this moment. haha So, I went ahead and tried that. It did not help though, unfortunately.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc AMOLED
    The camera is replaceable... as long as you don't mind tearing into your phone you could repair it yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links