DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't use internet browser....help!

Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Can't use internet browser....help!

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Every time I try to log on to the browser, unless its a Google site, as soon as the site completely loads, it takes me right back to the app I was previously using or the home screen. I have gone into settings but I see nothing that sets anything for the browser. Is there anything I can do about it or do I need to use my warranty to get a new phone? Someone please help!

Oh yeah, also, I purchased this phone from best buy. First time doing so. Do you have to purchase their insurance to get a warranty replacement or no?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgagentleman View Post
    I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Every time I try to log on to the browser, unless its a Google site, as soon as the site completely loads, it takes me right back to the app I was previously using or the home screen. I have gone into settings but I see nothing that sets anything for the browser. Is there anything I can do about it or do I need to use my warranty to get a new phone? Someone please help!

Oh yeah, also, I purchased this phone from best buy. First time doing so. Do you have to purchase their insurance to get a warranty replacement or no?

Two things to try:

First; go to Manage Applications/All/Browser and clear defaults, clear cache and clear data.

Second; if that doesn't work, do a factory hard reset -

• Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
    • Hold the Volume Down button
    • Press and release the Power button
    • You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    • Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    • Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgagentleman View Post

Two things to try:

First; go to Manage Applications/All/Browser and clear defaults, clear cache and clear data.

Second; if that doesn't work, do a factory hard reset -

• Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
    • Hold the Volume Down button
    • You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    • Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    • Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.
    Factory hard reset did the trick. Thanks!

Links