DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Receiver died

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Receiver died

I've had my Droid Incredible for 6 months. This week-end my phone rang but when I answered the call the phone was dead even though the person calling couuld hear me. then I tried to call out but could not hear a ring in my phone when I dialed although the person I was calling was receiving my call. I took the phone to Verizon and after about 45 minutes the tech turned on the speaker and I could answer and hear the tech. Also I could dial out as long as the speaker was on. Also, the phone was fine as long as had my blue tooth turned on. Crazy huh!

The tech told me the receiver in my phone had gone up and I would have to get a new phone (under warranty thank goodness). The phone is supposed to be here this week.

Would you believe, I picked up the phone not thinking and dialed a number and now it is working perfectly! and has been ever since Saturday afternoon (today is Monday) IS THE TECH CRAZY OR HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN.

Also a friend told me that sometimes when they get you new phones theygive you pre-used or refurbished ones. I bought this phone new and I don't want a used one. SHOULD I KEEP MY CURRENT PHONE SINCE IT IS WORKING OR GET THE NEW ONE?

barbara in distress

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid incredible
    Yes I have had the same problem. It is periodic and I can't pinpoint what triggers it. Turning the phone off and on seems to reset it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Receiver Died

Verizon told me they would replace my phone at no cost as it was still under warranty. I received the "new" phone but it was a "Certified pre-lused phone." I'm very upset about this because my phone is less than 6 months old and still under warranty. I believe I should get a BRAND NEW PHONE! Does anyone know anything about these pre-used phones. Should I take it or just take my chances with the phone I have since it's been working fine for the last 6 days.

barbara
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    I can never figure out why people think they should get a new phone to replace their used phone. Yes, you bought the phone new. 6 MONTHS AGO. But it's now a used phone. I could understand if the phone died within a week or even a month of purchase, then I'd expect a new replacement. But not after 6 months. Just my 2 cents.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC ReZound
    it is the policy of VZW to replace warranty phones with like new as a courtesy to it's customers or you have the option of sending it to HTC to have it worked on under warranty. If you choose the later you will be out of a phone up to 6 weeks while HTC works on it

That is what a Customer service sup. told me when mine crapped out

Chris
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Hemorrdroid
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Agreed, 6 months for a cell phone is like 10 years on a tv. Its pretty much end of life for any phone. You can't expect a new phone to replace your EOL phone.

Besides the CLNR replacements usually look and work great, unless its a D1 replacement with the slider crapped out.
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    Thunderbolt
    CM7 Pre-Alpha
    Good bye MOTO

Links