DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stock froyo, ruby, or UD?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

stock froyo, ruby, or UD?

Like most dinc users on this forum, i was all sorts of stoked when i heard the 2.2 rollout was finally happening. i downgraded my phone and everything, thing is, i'm still waiting. i'm also starting to wonder, is the stock 2.2 froyo even worth it? i miss having the root features on my phone, and all these awesome ROMs are coming out, or may already be out, and i'm still waiting for my OTA update. I know Ruby's looking at a release sometime next week i believe, and ultimate droid for the dinc is out... stock froyo vs. ruby and UD. will it top either of them?
    Device: HTC Incredible
    ROM: ShadowROM
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 2.5.0.5

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    just a hint if your kinda a newb nuttin tops ultimatedroid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol all roms offer different things what may be perfect for one may suck for another im sure the sapphire willl be sweet

Quote Originally Posted by JustinMakaila View Post
    Like most dinc users on this forum, i was all sorts of stoked when i heard the 2.2 rollout was finally happening. i downgraded my phone and everything, thing is, i'm still waiting. i'm also starting to wonder, is the stock 2.2 froyo even worth it? i miss having the root features on my phone, and all these awesome ROMs are coming out, or may already be out, and i'm still waiting for my OTA update. I know Ruby's looking at a release sometime next week i believe, and ultimate droid for the dinc is out... stock froyo vs. ruby and UD. will it top either of them?
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookerdj View Post
    just a hint if your kinda a newb nuttin tops ultimatedroid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol all roms offer different things what may be perfect for one may suck for another im sure the sapphire willl be sweet

I would say cm6 or ruby top ud.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

HTC's 2.2 sucks

Stock Froyo on the Incredible is horrible, it's definitely not worth it. Performance is worse, added bloatware (Skype Mobile and VZ Navigator...the latter is a turn-by-turn navigation app that you have to pay $10/month to use!). I'm having to constantly kill programs (not just VZ's junk) that run themselves for no reason. Laggy keyboard, music player sucks now (randomly stutters about once per song), etc., etc.

I'm waiting desperately for when 2.2 gets rooted so I can get rid of this garbage. So if you don't have it yet, stay away!

I can't say much about the customs, since I obviously can't install them without being able to root the phone :/.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    You can downgrade from the ota and then root.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by doug piston View Post
    Any idea how? There's a video on youtube (along with a link to what is supposedly a 2.1 ROM), but it doesn't work. The phone says that the earlier ROM is invalid.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by raskolnik View Post
    Any idea how? There's a video on youtube (along with a link to what is supposedly a 2.1 ROM), but it doesn't work. The phone says that the earlier ROM is invalid.
    You could try running the unrevoked forever. If it goes through it will let you flash back to the 2.1. The reason it does not work is because the radio file on your phone is newer than what is in the zip file. Using unrevoked forever turns of the signatures checking feature thus letting you flash the downgrade with out having to adb into the phone and having to manual replacing the radio files.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by techmouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raskolnik View Post
    You could try running the unrevoked forever. If it goes through it will let you flash back to the 2.1. The reason it does not work is because the radio file on your phone is newer than what is in the zip file. Using unrevoked forever turns of the signatures checking feature thus letting you flash the downgrade with out having to adb into the phone and having to manual replacing the radio files.
    Unfortunately not. According to the installation instructions for unrevoked forever, the phone has to be rooted before you can install it. So, we still have to wait until unrevoked supports 2.2.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible - Root
    Just google keywords "downgrade incredible 2.2 adb push". You will get to a link for this page:

[GUIDE] How to downgrade from OTA RUU 2.2 to 2.1 - xda-developers

Follow the directions closely and you should be rocking 2.1 in no time. I did it myself after taking the update before running unrevoked-forever. I don't like the whole command line method of upgrading, or manipulating my phone, but then again, I was not born with a keyboard in my mouth either.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    If you are completely new to rooting, I would recommend Skyraider 2.5.2 first and then dip into deeper ROM's. Skyraider is extremely solid and will give you the chance to play around. As you get more experience, start working with the deeper ROM's that are listed above. I'm not much for recommending jumping in over your head straight off the bat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links