DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruby to come next week

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

Ruby to come next week

Hey all!

Just letting people know that great progress has been made on Ruby (the equivalent of Sapphire for the Incredible). Below is a link to a youtube video of it running beautifully

Expect an official release around mid next week!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    is this built off your sapphire source for the droid 1 or was this one built from the ground up as well to accomodate the dinc?

any spoilers as to what to expect from ruby ? what i mean by that anything that may make it stand out from other roms?
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inessi View Post
    is this built off your sapphire source for the droid 1 or was this one built from the ground up as well to accomodate the dinc?
    This is using the same framework source as sapphire, as the framework portion of the code is cross-platform and will work on any device.

The lower-level part of it (i.e. hardware interfacing or device setup) have been completely built from the ground up similar to sapphire's device setup.

Quote Originally Posted by inessi View Post
    any spoilers as to what to expect from ruby ? what i mean by that anything that may make it stand out from other roms?
    you can expect anything that you would expect to find in sapphire. my goal is that the GEM experience be as common across ROMs as possible. of course there will be device specific changes such as video encoding quality and whatnot, but overall if you take a look at the changelog for sapphire, you can expect to see a lot of the same there.

for instance there will be compcache, AudioDSP, built-in overclocking, battery percentages, reboot menu, scriptybox, etc.

in my opinion honestly i prefer to recommend that people just try it when it comes out every ROM is unique and it's hard to really talk one up over the other as they all have their strong points.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid...Waiting on Incredible
    Does the internal storage mount in a usuable fashion? If not it may be time to get a 32g card

sent from my Dink
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1555 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Great news for Incredible owners....

They are in for a treat.

Enjoy guys and girls
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryblock View Post
    Does the internal storage mount in a usuable fashion? If not it may be time to get a 32g card

sent from my Dink
    sadly this release will only support the default AOSP mode, i.e. it expects an SD card to be present. i will look into this for a future release but it will be a bit of an effort to get that functionality back in there.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    as expected nothing but great news, just was looking for a lil more fun info to be tossed around and you sure did it.

looking forward to it enjoyed your work on d1 and now that im stuck on the dinc maybe your rom will make it a bit more useable for meh lol
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    Its booted and running perfectly. Smooth and wifi sticks. NO sense and this is freaking awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruby to come next week-snap20100826_232000.jpg  
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    lucky you i want a beta build haha , actually not really just went back to stock for the ota for now but looking forward to it ferrrr sure. wanna see how this stock 2.2 handles first though
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid...Waiting on Incredible
    Thanks for the reply. I really only use the internal now for apps (2.2 uses it for a2sd). I know on the cyanogen rom people had found a way to mount it, but you could only use it for storage through root explorer or astro.

Looking forward to this release! I used the sapphire roms on my droid and found them to be excellent. I have no doubts this will be the same.

sent from my Dink
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links