DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Question about Backup's...

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Question about Backup's...

Ok so i have had you guys help in the past few weeks and am very thankful to have such a great tool like DF.net to help me learn the ins and outs of my droid. So here is my question and probably has been asked before..idk.. When you install a new ROM its best to wipe and install.. so now that i have made all my backups of my stock Inc setup and install a new ROM. Long story short...i have 3 different setups of 1stock, 2diff custom rom backups. Is it best to wipe before i reinstall a backup??? I have never had a problem just flashing the backup no matter what rom setup it is. But im just wondering..Is It best to wipe before i run the backup from my ROM manager??
    ..Stock DX 4 Now..

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @NatttyBee
    Phone
    Dev Razr HD, Dev Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsellingdroids View Post
    Ok so i have had you guys help in the past few weeks and am very thankful to have such a great tool like DF.net to help me learn the ins and outs of my droid. So here is my question and probably has been asked before..idk.. When you install a new ROM its best to wipe and install.. so now that i have made all my backups of my stock Inc setup and install a new ROM. Long story short...i have 3 different setups of 1stock, 2diff custom rom backups. Is it best to wipe before i reinstall a backup??? I have never had a problem just flashing the backup no matter what rom setup it is. But im just wondering..Is It best to wipe before i run the backup from my ROM manager??
    I would suggest wiping before restoring a backup... I always do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by JMTownsend83 View Post

Ok cool i havent and it has worked fine but thats what i was asking for i diddnt want to cause any unnecessary files to cause a malfunction some how.. Thank you for your opinion..
    ..Stock DX 4 Now..

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by JMTownsend83 View Post

Ok cool i havent and it has worked fine but thats what i was asking for i diddnt want to cause any unnecessary files to cause a malfunction some how.. Thank you for your opinion..
    It doesnt hurt to wipe but I don't do it and I have no problems restoring a backup without wiping. Been doing that for months now. Try it out yourself and see.
    ROM - CM7 nightly
    Kernel - 2.6.37 incredikernel 2/22
    Radio - 2.15.00.07.28
    Hboot - .92
    Recovery - CWM 3.0.0.5
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    It is always best to wipe before installing a ROM or backup.
    Visit DF's sister site, http://www.incredibleforum.com, for even more great Incredible tips!
    Useful links:
    * How to Root Your Incredible * How to Unroot Your Incredible * Flashing ROMs Tutorial
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Wipe before flashing a ROM yes but for the Incredible wiping before restoring isn't needed. You think I'd come on here and give the guy bad advice and possibly lead him to ruin a phone? Don't knock it till you try it.

CM7 nightly
    Last edited by masully1984; 01-27-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    ROM - CM7 nightly
    Kernel - 2.6.37 incredikernel 2/22
    Radio - 2.15.00.07.28
    Hboot - .92
    Recovery - CWM 3.0.0.5
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    J313R
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Ive never wiped before restoring a backup and havent ran into any problems but i always do before a new rom install...but the choice is yours..

Sent from the back seat of your car! look in your rearview...
    "Three words can sum up what i"ve learned about life, IT GOES ON!" "Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."

Links