DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: For those about to root your phones...

  1. Super Moderator
    jkhonea's Avatar
    Member #
    29506
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    3,077
    Liked
    87 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Premium Member
    #1

    For those about to root your phones...

    Please, and I can't emphasize this enough, PLEASE read all instructions and research before rooting. If you are not technically adept, I don't recommend this at all. I am seeing a lot of cases of people rooting and flashing ROM's without even knowing how to go to system settings to see what version of the radio they are currently running.

    THIS IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER! Please research things THOROUGHLY and make sure you understand all aspect of rooting before doing anything. Otherwise, you will run a strong risk of bricking your phone and costing yourself a lot of money.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhonea View Post
    Please, and I can't emphasize this enough, PLEASE read all instructions and research before rooting. If you are not technically adept, I don't recommend this at all. I am seeing a lot of cases of people rooting and flashing ROM's without even knowing how to go to system settings to see what version of the radio they are currently running.

    THIS IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER! Please research things THOROUGHLY and make sure you understand all aspect of rooting before doing anything. Otherwise, you will run a strong risk of bricking your phone and costing yourself a lot of money.
    Yep, I'm seeing a lot of people in this forum having rooting issues. Why ruin a good phone? If you're not absolutely sure then don't do it. I'm not sure about the D2 I have and rooting, I'm not even going to attempt it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    pxtang's Avatar
    Member #
    77346
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #3
    Would it be possible for someone to make an faq and sticky it? I think that would help a lot of people.
  5. Beta Team
    Tanknspank's Avatar
    Member #
    27138
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,548
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pxtang View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to make an faq and sticky it? I think that would help a lot of people.
    But who reads those things?? I know I don't

    Sent from my Droid
    -----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock
    Launcher: ADW EX 1.2.2
    Launcher Theme: Gingerbread
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ihaztehwingz

    -----------------------------------
  6. RS/Moderator
    Abe21599's Avatar
    Member #
    18400
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    #5
    a lot of people around here see root and like "oohhh i need that" when most users dont

    im not trying to discourage anyone from doing it, just please know what you are doing to your phone. were here to help you out but if something goes wrong its your phone you dont have until you get it fixed..
  7. Master Droid
    doctordoctor's Avatar
    Member #
    100634
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    erie, Pa sniffle sniffle
    Posts
    586
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid
    #6
    how do I root? J/k....
  8. Junior Droid
    pxtang's Avatar
    Member #
    77346
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknspank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pxtang View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to make an faq and sticky it? I think that would help a lot of people.
    But who reads those things?? I know I don't

    Sent from my Droid
    Well, I do. For example, I don't even know what a radio is, or if a properly working 2.2 root is available (I've heard both yes and no).

    I think it'd be good if things related to root were consolidated in one location.
  9. Junior Droid
    detacht69's Avatar
    Member #
    114490
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Incredible! 2.1 Updte-1 Rooted
    #8
    First of all this thread title reminds me of the AC/DC song "FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK"

    Anyway, I for one would like to see some tutorial.. or some list of roms including what they do/how well they work
  10. Junior Droid
    setexascustoms's Avatar
    Member #
    113282
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    ADR6300
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by detacht69 View Post
    First of all this thread title reminds me of the AC/DC song "FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK"

    Anyway, I for one would like to see some tutorial.. or some list of roms including what they do/how well they work
    Also kernels, I did a ton of research before I rooted, and even more before I flashed my first custom ROM. I tried to research kernels as well and had a hard time. I think a sticky on ROMs and kernels, what works well together and what they're geared towards (features, performance, battery life) would be so helpful. Just my two cents
  11. Master Droid
    knotbeerdan's Avatar
    Member #
    27357
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    314
    Phone
    Incredible
    #10
    Just got my incredible and I dont think I am going to have to root it. Its def nothing like the Droid 1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Easy Root/Universal Androot vs. Traditional Root (Milestone)
    By Backdraft in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 10:25 AM
  2. "Android" Phones as Opposed to "Droid" Phones. What the heck?
    By pdmike in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 11:37 AM
  3. Need some direction with Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1
    By Mzamora10 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
  4. Wanting to root. But wheres the one click root for droid to make it easier?
    By kermitdfrogdroid in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 10:13 PM
  5. Root has arrived for US Galaxy S phones!
    By wuyanks in forum Android News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 03:56 PM

Search tags for this page

android 3.3.3 root

,
android x 3.3.3 root
,
dangers of rooting your phone
,
droid 3 root dangers
,
droid x 3.3.3 root
,
how to root 3.3.3
,

how to root android 3.3.3

,
how to root droid x 3.3.3
,

root android 3.3.3

,
root droid x 3.3
,

root droid x 3.3.3

,
root evo 3.3.3
,

unrevoked 3.3.3

,

what are the risks of rooting your phone

,

why root phone

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+