The last couple of days it seems there is some confusion on radios and which version you should use.
Let me first say that the easiest and safest way to flash a radio is with s-off. It can be done without it but its just faster and safer. The s-off read and download can be found here. public:forever [RootWiki] <-- This will void warranty.
That is because the dinc_ota is only a patcher, while the PB31IMG.zip that you would use with s-off is a whole img. PLeas DO NOT REFLASH the dinc_ota more then once. Ive seen the dinc_ota cause more bricks then anyone zip in my short lived Android life. Mostly due to user error but I just want that out there
dinc_ota(For unrooted and non s-off)
1. Download file above
2. Rename to "update.zip" In windows just rename to "update" the zip is already added.
3. Put on root of SD card. Meaning not in any folders.
4. Boot into recovery.
5. You will see a screen with a red triangle and a exclamation point. Push the power and vol+ at the same time. You may need to do this multiple times for up to about 30secs.
6. Select apply update.zip
7. Please do not touch phone after this. Wait until it is complete. Phone may seem like it reboots a few times. Just wait it out.
PB31IMG.zip (For rooted and s-off. Have to have both.)
1. Make sure SD card is formatted to fat32.
2. Download file above.
3. Rename so its PB31IMG.zip. On Windows change to "PB31IMG".
4. Put on root of SD card. Meaning not in any folders.
5. Boot into Hboot. I do this by holding the trackball and power button at the same time.
6. The phone will then search for the file, it will find it and ask if you want to update. Make sure it says radio. Select yes.
7. Do not touch phone until it asks if you want to reboot. Select yes.
If I am missing anything please let me know and I will add it. I do not want any bricks caused by me.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you brick or hurt you phone in this process. If your phone tries to kill you, this again is not my fault. If your alarm doesn't go off and you miss work and get fired , again not my fault.