DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Quadrant Scores?

  1. SLOflatlander's Avatar
    Member #
    72744
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    67
    Phone
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    #1

    Quadrant Scores?

    Why is it that a stock nexus one on 2.2 scores higher in quadrant than a hacked and tweaked droid incredible also running 2.2? they both have the same processor and are very similar in build as far as i know. i know a few 2.2 incredible roms such as those by adrynalyne can beat the 2.2stock nexus, but most dont even seem to come close. why is this? and no, HTC sense is not the reason why
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    2010 ZR1's Avatar
    Member #
    70633
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #2
    It could be things like available memory or graphics even. I noticed that I get higher scores after I have some apps installed for some reason.
  4. Senior Droid
    Serialkilla's Avatar
    Member #
    9433
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    189
    Phone
    DROID X
    #3
    Because Quadrant is BS. I ran it 4x in a row,all with different scores. 1137, 1214,1287,1366.

    Here's a run I just did now,it starts at and ends at about the same score,and I didn't do anything on the phone,ran them consecutively. I just don't buy it...sorry.
    1155,1299,1282,1312,1342,1344,1178
    Last edited by Serialkilla; 08-22-2010 at 07:18 AM.
  5. Junior Droid
    intenselyinsane's Avatar
    Member #
    23652
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Moto DROID 2.1
    #4

    Not too bad

    Mine is 1404 with a Skyraider sense rom customized by me.
  6. htc(hot-taco-cheese)'s Avatar
    Member #
    84816
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    htc Incredible
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Serialkilla View Post
    Because Quadrant is BS. I ran it 4x in a row,all with different scores. 1137, 1214,1287,1366.

    Here's a run I just did now,it starts at and ends at about the same score,and I didn't do anything on the phone,ran them consecutively. I just don't buy it...sorry.
    1155,1299,1282,1312,1342,1344,1178
    COMPLETELY TRUE! If you mount data from recovery and then run quadrant you get over 2000.
  7. Senior Droid
    2010 ZR1's Avatar
    Member #
    70633
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    105
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #6
    I mainly use it to see the animations it plays and how smoothly they play, not sure why though. haha.
  8. Junior Droid
    PatHoge's Avatar
    Member #
    126379
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by htc(hot-taco-cheese) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serialkilla View Post
    Because Quadrant is BS. I ran it 4x in a row,all with different scores. 1137, 1214,1287,1366.

    Here's a run I just did now,it starts at and ends at about the same score,and I didn't do anything on the phone,ran them consecutively. I just don't buy it...sorry.
    1155,1299,1282,1312,1342,1344,1178
    COMPLETELY TRUE! If you mount data from recovery and then run quadrant you get over 2000.
    What does mounting the data actually do? And how do you do it exactly?
  9. Super Moderator
    Quicksilver7714's Avatar
    Member #
    83729
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,423
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 ZR1 View Post
    It could be things like available memory or graphics even. I noticed that I get higher scores after I have some apps installed for some reason.
    I went to Verizon and installed quadrant on the Fascinate and it only got a high score of 850. The fascinate has about 128mb of RAM dedicated to graphics out of the 512mb that they say it has, and it also has a 1gig processor so why would.it not get a good quadrant score? Also it ran the 2d test at around 20fps and 3d tests each at around 40fps or more. I would assume that having a higher frame rate in these tests would boost its score a lot more but it did not. So I would have to agree that quadrant is BS as well. Plus my Droid with ChevyNo1's SS v4.7 Rom and his 1.1ghz ulow kernel clocked at only 550mhz was getting quadrant scores of 1180, and then when clocked at 1.1ghz I get a score of 1390 (these were high scores after 5 tests). That's not a big difference when doubling the clock speed. The 1180 is real close to the stock Droid X and 2 scores I clocked at Verizon as well. Also for these tests I installed Task Panel X on all the above-mentioned phones, (that's the task killer I use) and killed all running tasks before starting quadrant.

    Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

    We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

  10. Junior Droid
    PatHoge's Avatar
    Member #
    126379
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 ZR1 View Post
    It could be things like available memory or graphics even. I noticed that I get higher scores after I have some apps installed for some reason.
    I went to Verizon and installed quadrant on the Fascinate and it only got a high score of 850. The fascinate has about 128mb of RAM dedicated to graphics out of the 512mb that they say it has, and it also has a 1gig processor so why would.it not get a good quadrant score? Also it ran the 2d test at around 20fps and 3d tests each at around 40fps or more. I would assume that having a higher frame rate in these tests would boost its score a lot more but it did not. So I would have to agree that quadrant is BS as well. Plus my Droid with ChevyNo1's SS v4.7 Rom and his 1.1ghz ulow kernel clocked at only 550mhz was getting quadrant scores of 1180, and then when clocked at 1.1ghz I get a score of 1390 (these were high scores after 5 tests). That's not a big difference when doubling the clock speed. The 1180 is real close to the stock Droid X and 2 scores I clocked at Verizon as well. Also for these tests I installed Task Panel X on all the above-mentioned phones, (that's the task killer I use) and killed all running tasks before starting quadrant.

    Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.
    I find that crazy because my brother got a fascinate a few weeks ago. He rooted it and sent me a screen capture of his Quadrant score, which was higher than I have ever seen on ANY phone: 2200! I don't understand that...
  11. Super Moderator
    Quicksilver7714's Avatar
    Member #
    83729
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,423
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHoge View Post

    I find that crazy because my brother got a fascinate a few weeks ago. He rooted it and sent me a screen capture of his Quadrant score, which was higher than I have ever seen on ANY phone: 2200! I don't understand that...
    Did your brother install froyo on his fascinate? That might help boost the score. But 2200 is the highest I have ever heard of.

    Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

    We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Sapphire 1.0 Quadrant scores
    By velocity92c in forum cvpcs
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
  2. Quadrant on 1.0 Scores out of Curiosity
    By nerdstaz in forum cvpcs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 03:58 AM
  3. Low Quadrant scores BBv.4
    By madspeed in forum Bugless
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 11:26 AM
  4. Quadrant scores on SS 4.2
    By Asterisk in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 07:44 PM
  5. Quadrant Scores on 4.3
    By Fault in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 07:52 PM

Search tags for this page

droid incredible quadrant
,
good quadrant score
,
htc incredible quadrant
,
htc incredible quadrant score
,
quadrant score
,

quadrant scores

,
what are quadrant scores
,
what is a good quadrant score
,
what is a quadrant score
,
what is quadrant score
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+