DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bricked incredible?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by HTC

Question bricked incredible?

hey everyone i am new to the incredible hacking method. i recently started this process

public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

i was in the recovery window and completed the above process. phone was sitting on desk connected to comp. screen went black and the notification light blinks orange. phone wont boot up to recovery or regular mode

please help??

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    So to be clear you installed the drivers and ran the unrevoked.exe?
    Edit:
    As I'm re reading this it sounds like you were just in hboot and intalled the drivers? If so there is nothing in that process that could brick a phone. I'm sure your phone just froze up and the battery pull i recommended below should get ya going again.

Have you tried a batt pull and rebooting the phone? As far as i know there is nothing in the process can could lead to a bricking.
    Last edited by doug piston; 07-17-2010 at 12:05 PM.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by HTC
    You are correct, my phone did boot up. Sorry i just got freaked when it wouldn't respond for a good 10 minutes. Sucked the battery life all the way down to 12% though from a good charge around 80% which is still pretty weird. Thanks for the quick respose
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Hi guys - hope you don't mind if I join in - I'm close to that...

Ok - I got myself into a world of mess... I HAVE A TOTAL WHITE SCREEN... I rooted using unrevoked3, installed froyo - no problems, then attempted to install the market app through a .zip file that I loaded on the SD card loaded it, and now I get a white screen...

However, before adding froyo - I was trying to unroot... and it was aborting the app I installed from the "unroot video"... and somehow, I came upon the app to install froyo - did so, etc...I have tried to do some of the things that I know - restart using the down volume and I get the hboot screen and I have tried all of the options in there... but eventually, rebooting, ultimately brings me back to a white screen.

I'm very very non-technical and have no idea what to do with it next.

Now I just want to get back to my happy go lucky life of having an android...and a phone that is needed for work.

Help!
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    K. Slow down here. Are you rooted? If so do you have ClockWork recovery still? Can you get to recovery? If you can get to recovery, I would reload the nandroid back up you should have made. If you did not make a back up i would re load the froyo rom fresh and clean again.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Doug - you are a rockstar... thanks for the info on the recovery and back to the nandroid... not sure how I didn't find this before - and it looks like, it took me back to the very beginning - as though I have never had the phone on... Thanks!
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    Fantastic. You can thank koush for writing a recovery that can save your ass when needed. :P
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    ok, so thanks for getting me there... I am hoping now that I can totally unroot the phone... as it appears that I still have root (the superuser permissions app is still there).

So that I don't do the superfreak on the phone again...
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

me too ?

i was trying to load cm6 on my rooted 2.2( 4 days old ) incredible.. i had problem with rom manager... so i loaded alt recovery... did backup... then found patch..zip to fix rom manager... un zippedit .. then it seemed like rom manager was working... but it flashed screen.. no error i could see and it wet to black screen with white bars.... 10 min .. pulled battery.. rebooted to same black with white but with white block on bottom( 1/2 inch or so.. hmm so i finally got to boot to clock work but would alway got ot htc incredible screen and that is it... so i tried to reload .zip.. no ggod then i tried zipped back to 2.1 stock... oops now i get nada.. black screen only... i hit power with vol down nada... if i just hit power i get one buzz but nothing else.... plug into pc and hit power.. get usb chime and c sees it as android device with 1.0 loaded bt cant see drive or anything else.... am i dead or can it be saved
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    TundaBolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by axemanmike View Post
    i was trying to load cm6 on my rooted 2.2( 4 days old ) incredible.. i had problem with rom manager... so i loaded alt recovery... did backup... then found patch..zip to fix rom manager... un zippedit .. then it seemed like rom manager was working... but it flashed screen.. no error i could see and it wet to black screen with white bars.... 10 min .. pulled battery.. rebooted to same black with white but with white block on bottom( 1/2 inch or so.. hmm so i finally got to boot to clock work but would alway got ot htc incredible screen and that is it... so i tried to reload .zip.. no ggod then i tried zipped back to 2.1 stock... oops now i get nada.. black screen only... i hit power with vol down nada... if i just hit power i get one buzz but nothing else.... plug into pc and hit power.. get usb chime and c sees it as android device with 1.0 loaded bt cant see drive or anything else.... am i dead or can it be saved

Try pulling the battery and then rebooting. Might be in qualcomm diag mode.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links