DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [VIDEO] 10min Root complete Guide

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    adr6300vw

Hmmm...

Tried this method on XP32 and 7-64. Incurred the same issues as everyone else. Almost got it going on xp, then the daemon failed and I couldn't get it going again, and I the directory never came up. : (
    I applaud your efforts sir. Have you found that your original (2 part video) method works any better.
    I don't mean to whine, as you are doing ALL the work, but it would seem easier to just post step by step instructions than to post an unedited video. I kept loosing track and having to pause over and over again. Thanks again!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mejdam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by randytho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post

there are different drivers for both modes... one you have working fine it looks like and the other you don't.

For recovery - you should have at the top of your device manager an item called Android ADB for recovery to work.
    Ok I think the problem is when I check the sdk folder I have NO usb driver folder at all....so where do I GET the drivers?

Randy T.
    i did a second video on rooting the phone in 10mins, this one i install everything including htcsync.

Also i use two different methods to get into adb recovery.

uploading now.......
    Thanks a LOT for the video. I have not been able to get adb shell in recovery yet. What I am noticing is that android is not showing up in the device manager, it appears that the phone is being recognized as a disk drive. Does that give you any idea what I am doing wrong?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by patwehner View Post
    Ok I think the problem is when I check the sdk folder I have NO usb driver folder at all....so where do I GET the drivers?

Randy T.
    i did a second video on rooting the phone in 10mins, this one i install everything including htcsync.

Also i use two different methods to get into adb recovery.

uploading now.......
    Thanks a LOT for the video. I have not been able to get adb shell in recovery yet. What I am noticing is that android is not showing up in the device manager, it appears that the phone is being recognized as a disk drive. Does that give you any idea what I am doing wrong?
    thats normal, you wont have android connecting as anything else until it connects to your phone in recovery mode. when i rooted on winxp computer it couldnt find driver until i got into recovery
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    thats normal, you wont have android connecting as anything else until it connects to your phone in recovery mode. when i rooted on winxp computer it couldnt find driver until i got into recovery
    Are you doing this on win7 or xp? I have tried it about 30 times now and nada on win 7 32 or 64 bit.
    Btw I am not complaining I admire your work I am more frustrated with my phone than anything :P

Randy T.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Are you doing this on win7 or xp? I have tried it about 30 times now and nada on win 7 32 or 64 bit.
    Btw I am not complaining I admire your work I am more frustrated with my phone than anything :P

Randy T.
    i've successfully rooted on Win7 64bit and WinXP 32bit
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    FYI I'm using win 7 64 bit.... after a few reboots, messing with drivers, it worked fine.... but with that said I have a good friend that also is using win 7 64 and he has spent hours trying to get the drivers to load with no luck.

so my suggestion is to reboot the pc, use different usb ports through the process each time... and hopefully you will get it to work.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Despite your great videos, I too have yet to be able to run the adb shell at recovery...

Under what category should the Incredible show up in recovery and what name? While in recovery, "adb devices" shows that nothing is connected. I feel like this is my achilles heel.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible

So far no luck

Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    FYI I'm using win 7 64 bit.... after a few reboots, messing with drivers, it worked fine.... but with that said I have a good friend that also is using win 7 64 and he has spent hours trying to get the drivers to load with no luck.

so my suggestion is to reboot the pc, use different usb ports through the process each time... and hopefully you will get it to work.
    I have tried every usb port on the system, have rebooted between each try and nada I now have my hammer poised over the phone, let's see if threats work...grin

Randy T.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    In recovery mode, there should be a device at the top called Android ADB device
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I cannot figure out a way to force Windows (7, 64-bit) to recognize it as that... it always shows up as two storage devices ("G:" and "H:") in the Device Manager and doesn't show up under My Computer. Bahh!!!
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Links