DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: "Low on space"

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)

"Low on space"

So I've been battling this issue off and on for the past three months or so. My phone keeps getting a persistent "low on space" notification and sometimes it won't even let me access my messages without deleting something.

The weird thing is that I have more than enough room and recently upgraded to a 16 GB card so nearly all my apps were moved over anyway.

Also I read somewhere that deleting facebook data did the trick and it did for a while but not even that works now. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    i have the same problem =(
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've had the same problem a lot the last two days. Saw some people saying I should delete messages, uninstall updates to google apps. Solved the problem temporarily, but the notification just comes back. DINC 2.3.4
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    It's so maddening, I seriously want to throw my phone against the wall. I just deleted 700 MB in pictures and videos after backing up to my computer, and the d*mn message is back. It makes it so I can't even use ANY apps. Everything force closes as long as that message is there. I've moved every app I can to the SD card, I delete all the apps caches every day...my phone says I have plenty of storage, so why won't this go away?

Everything I've looked up always points to doing a factory reset, but that's just ridiculous. There has to be a better way. Besides the d*mn message will likely reappear after doing the reset anyway.

HTC, you need to fix this...its unacceptable. It's enough to make me promise myself to never buy an HTC phone again. Which is a shame since everything else seems to work fine.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    That same problem happened to me but not so drastically. Thank God I got the droid 3. BEST PHONE EVER

sent from my beast DROID 3
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Just a quick update: I finally no longer have this problem! I got the really messed up OTA for the software version 4.08.xxx.xx for the Incredible to work (another story for another thread). It fixed my low space problem and it hasn't returned. I haven't deleted anything for a week or two since the update installed! I haven't even had to clear the app cache once!

On another note I found another thread that states the low space problem comes from a huge error report stored on location in your phone(its generated anytime an app crashes). Apparently there is a workaround if you've rooted your phone, you have to find the file and delete it. But to keep it from recurring you have to write over that file so it becomes non-writable(more advanced and not recommended unless you know what you're doing).

Anyway, just wanted to share in case anyone came across this thread and was still having problems.

8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    If this problem returns for anyone, I found a permanent fix here.

Links