DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are my battery options?

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS

What are my battery options?

Hey all, I am an og droid user but just picked up a dinc for my fiance. Lets just say she was not impressed with the 10 hour battery life (and it was sitting idle for 9 of those hours, that's unacceptable!), especially coming from a blackberry. I told her droids use more battery juice to power all the awesomeness behind them- she didn't look impressed. I went ahead and rooted and removed most of the verizon crap-ware last night and also adjusted her refresh settings to help boost her battery life, so hopefully that will help a bit.

Anyway, I'm new to the dinc section of this forum and there's a ton of info to brush up on so I'm hoping someone can save me a bit of time and point me in the right direction. She's still rocking the og 1300 mAh battery. I've read that there are other options out there for a replacement battery that should give her a boost. The monster 3500 is out of the question since she likes the size as-is, but the 2150 may be a viable option if it isn't huge. So what is the best option for upgrading while being able to keep the stock battery door?

I poked around on amazon and saw that Seidio makes a 1750. Is this a good option?

I also saw this battery. It looks a bit shady, but the reviews are pretty good. Is this a good option?

I've also read that the EVO stock 1500 battery will work in the Dinc. Is this true and a good option?

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by sbenson; 05-25-2011 at 08:25 AM.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    If you are wanting to go with extended batteries stick with names you know like the siedio's. You can also pick up OEM's off Amazon for cheap. 3rd option is getting Mytouch or EVO OEM's that are 1500mah which are also cheap.

*best thing you can do for battery life IMO is swap to the 04.08 EVO radio or the 05.06 from the gingerbread leak.
    Last edited by dfuser312553; 05-25-2011 at 08:24 AM.
  3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    If you are wanting to go with extended batteries stick with names you know like the siedio's. You can also pick up OEM's off Amazon for cheap. 3rd option is getting Mytouch or EVO OEM's that are 1500mah which are also cheap.

*best thing you can do for battery life IMO is swap to the 04.08 EVO radio or the 05.06 from the gingerbread leak.
    Thanks Poon! What does the radio swap do? And can you supply a link where I can find directions on how to do it, if I decide to go that route?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    http://dougpiston.com/?page_id=71 radios
    All of them can be found here *except the newest 05.06.... hold on.
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Thanks Bro! I don't mean to nag, but can you explain what the radio swap will do for the dinc?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    The radio on HTC devices is quite involved in the hardware compared to a Moto. So changing the radio can effect power draw & performance from not only the CDMA radio but GPS, WIFI, even the screen.
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Alright, that makes sense. So coming from a stock dinc, which radio should I choose from link you gave me? I see a couple official verizon radios and a couple evo radios?
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Htc thunderbolt
    If you're rooted get set-cpu and set the minimum all the way down and also set it to on-demand. On the profile settings set the maximum and minimum all the way down when the screen is off.

Thunderbolt 559
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseacevedo559 View Post
    If you're rooted get set-cpu and set the minimum all the way down and also set it to on-demand. On the profile settings set the maximum and minimum all the way down when the screen is off.

Thunderbolt 559
    Does setCPU work with the stock kernel? I haven't tried it yet.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseacevedo559 View Post

Thunderbolt 559
    hilarious. GTFO

Knowing it's your girls phone if *I were you* I'd keep it relatively stock I'd *look into* this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1087054

Just the Dinc GB leak w/root, w/busybox. The 05.06 radio is linked to in the OP.
    I ran it; it is what it says. Flashable ROM but you will do the radio through hboot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links