HTC Incredible, stock FROYO 2.2/build 3.26.605.1, 1 week old
So I have been poking around about my new phone. I have been using my new phone. They say "familarity breeds contempt", this applies to inanimate objects and puter phones as well. LOL
How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32
1) Does the above link, lead me to the current best, method to select "run as admin", on my incredible?
2) Super Manager ver 2.0, this is a free app. I want to remove, Skype, Facebook, City ID, Amazon MP3, My Verizon, Twitter etc.... Is this app known to have issues? Really tweaks me that these are on the dam phone, and you can not control them. No too app task kills and such, They gotta go!
3) The USB cable that came with the stock charging unit,
a) can it be used to connect to a PC, or is it for charging only.
b) can any USB cable of its kind, be used for charging the phone?
4) Of all the current longer life batteries, on the market for the phone, which is the best one to go with?
5) Is there anything wrong with the stock SD card, or should I upgrade it?
The SD will be for the storage of paid for apps only. No music, pictures, videos.
6) Advantages of going from FROYO 2.2 to GINGERBREAD 2.3, if any?
Currently, from what little I've read, I do not gain anything from the update. Some say better battery usage in 2.3, some say its bad losing HTC Sense in 2.3.
7) Is there a better app than SetCPU for OC'ing the phone. I intend this only after I have customized, trimmed out, buffed up the phone too what I want.
8) I have been playing alot with downloading and then uninstalling the free apps. I assume that the phones rom is similar to SSD tech.??????
a) Does the phone use "trim" to maintenance the phones rom, as a desktop SSD would?
b) are there maintenance apps available for the phone and which one is preferable?
9) I have currently DL'ed the apps, AVG and CallConfirm. Are there others that are worth investigating?
This little beauty is a computer, I want to treat it as such. Get the OS sleek, lean and snappy. Shame on Verizon for dumping all the bloatware into the phone.
On a side note.
I live in NYC. I was in the neighborhood of the Verizon store where I purchased the phone last week, I stepped up to the tech counter. I asked the Verizon tech, can you turn on the "run as administrator" functionality to the phone? He looked at me quite quizzically, repeat question, HUH. He turns and looks at the tech next to him. I say,"I want to ROOT the phone". Now I got two guys looking at me like I'm crazy, lol.
I guess that makes me part of a select few, that ain't sheep. LMAO
Have a nice day.