DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: HTC Incredible Root...can't get into hboot, but will boot fine otherwise

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

HTC Incredible Root...can't get into hboot, but will boot fine otherwise

Rooted my Incredible yesterday...with relative ease...some very helpful guides out there.

After searching a little...I can't find anything similar to my issue, and the pieces I can find don't piece together for me.

Was accessing hboot (power plus volume -) this morning and accidentally hit the power button to select "fastboot", rather than the "recovery" option i was wanting to get to to make another backup since I had added a few apps after my root.

My phone booted into froyo without any issue...and all my rooted apps worked fine (mainly wireless tether...the main reason I rooted). I shut down the phone and attempted to access hboot again...but got 5 vibrates and a green blinking led, with a blank black screen.

Pulled the battery...and let the phone boot normally (which I was hoping for since I thought I may have bricked it) and all is well...still with root applications working fine. I have tried hboot again with same result (5 vibrates and green flashing led), so I have let the phone stay with froyo for fear that if i screw around with it too much I may brick it after all.

Am I over-reacting to the lack of hboot? Suggestions for a fix are appreciated!

3. Incredible RS
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    If your phone can still be powered on then it is not brick!

The 5 vibrates thing is a diagnostic mode. Just do a battery pull and try again. Make sure you are holding down both Vol. Down + Power buttons when you turn on your phone.
    Need help with your HTC Droid Incredible? Visit DF's sister site, Incredible Forum, at http://www.incredibleforum.com.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Thanks for the reply tweebee...

I realize I haven't bricked my phone...but I'm a little worried that if I continue to try to access hboot, that the whole thing may get jacked up and it will become bricked. Maybe I'm assuming the worst...but I figure since it is working that I shouldn't keep fidling with it and end up screwing it up.

I had tried the battery pull a few times...perhaps I'll leave the battery out a little longer next time I try it. I appreciate the suggestion.

Any other suggestions in the meantime?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc incredible

same problem

I just installed unrevoked on my phone and when I try to get to the hboot menu it only vibrates five times, then nothing. Remove the battery and it will start normally. Whats going on??
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dinc AMOLED
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcfaidn View Post
    I just installed unrevoked on my phone and when I try to get to the hboot menu it only vibrates five times, then nothing. Remove the battery and it will start normally. Whats going on??
    See quote below...

Quote Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
    Make sure you are holding down both Vol. Down + Power buttons when you turn on your phone.
    Dinc AMOLED.................Lou's #9 kernel....|.........How to turn your brand new iPod touch into a brick
    Redemption 2.3 ............Advent font.........|.........Step 1: Connect your device to your computer
    Green theme 1.3............HTC FM Radio......|.........Step 2: Click "UPDATE" in iTunes

Links