DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    this was easier than rooting the D1. lol. I cant believe how simple the unrevoked tool was. Its a cinch.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Just wanted to say thanks. Everything worked smoothly rooting my 2.2 incredible first try. Now I have free WiFi tether for the Asus Transformer, if I can get my hands on one anyway.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I have a couple of questions, and I would appreciate any help!

1) How does DropBox affect the root process? I know it says to uninstall it, but would quitting the application also solve the problem? I would assume not since it specifically says to uninstall it, but I was just curious.

2) I am buying a used DINC that I believe is already rooted, but I'm not sure how or when it was. Can I use unrevoked 3.32 again on the DINC to make sure that it is rooted with S-OFF and/or update any root files? I know on the OG Droid, certain "quick-root" apps don't create a proper, full root, so I just want to make sure my DINC is properly, fully rooted.
    Current: HTC Droid Incredible ADR6300
    CyanogenMod 7.0.3 ROM

Previous:
    Motorola Droid A855 a.k.a. OG Droid
    Peter Alfonso's GPA14 Gingerbread ROM | Peter Alfonso's 1.0 GHz LV Kernel v0.2
  4. Incredible RS
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amgala View Post

1) How does DropBox affect the root process? I know it says to uninstall it, but would quitting the application also solve the problem? I would assume not since it specifically says to uninstall it, but I was just curious.

2) I am buying a used DINC that I believe is already rooted, but I'm not sure how or when it was. Can I use unrevoked 3.32 again on the DINC to make sure that it is rooted with S-OFF and/or update any root files? I know on the OG Droid, certain "quick-root" apps don't create a proper, full root, so I just want to make sure my DINC is properly, fully rooted.
    1) It has files installed that interfere with the rooting process. Best way is to uninstall and then reinstall again after rooting.

2) If the phone is already rooted with s-off, there is no need to re-root it again. But if you really want to, then yes, you can take it back to stock and root again, but it's unnecessary. The main thing is having s-off, any ROMs you installed will already have root. My phone was rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 beta.
    Need help with your HTC Droid Incredible? Visit DF's sister site, Incredible Forum, at http://www.incredibleforum.com.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amgala View Post

1) It has files installed that interfere with the rooting process. Best way is to uninstall and then reinstall again after rooting.

2) If the phone is already rooted with s-off, there is no need to re-root it again. But if you really want to, then yes, you can take it back to stock and root again, but it's unnecessary. The main thing is having s-off, any ROMs you installed will already have root. My phone was rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 beta.
    Thanks! Well I found out that it was rooted only a couple months ago using the latest version of unrEVOked, so I'm good to go!
    Current: HTC Droid Incredible ADR6300
    CyanogenMod 7.0.3 ROM

Previous:
    Motorola Droid A855 a.k.a. OG Droid
    Peter Alfonso's GPA14 Gingerbread ROM | Peter Alfonso's 1.0 GHz LV Kernel v0.2
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Thanks for the post...

My DIN rooted on the second attempt, thanks to both enlighted and Unrevoked 3.2!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible Verizon
    Enlightened

You are the greatest! I got it on the first try. No issues at all. This is my first time at trying to root and it could not of went any easier. I am going to the CyanogenMOD 7 since a friend at work cant stop talking about it but I had to root first. Any comments on Cyanogen?

Again THANKS!!!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible Verizon
    Now thats funny!! Just got pulled off my high that I was doing the right thing at the right time and being extra patient and you get it on the first try...

Well just rooted my wife DIN and it took the 3 strike to hit the homer....Oh well! It still worked and Enlightened is still the greatest.

Thanks again, again!!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID Incredible
    thank you thank you thank you!
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    enlightenedlg
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    You're all very welcome. Happy to help!
    Visit DF's sister site, http://www.incredibleforum.com, for even more great Incredible tips!
    Useful links:
    * How to Root Your Incredible * How to Unroot Your Incredible * Flashing ROMs Tutorial
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Links