DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 126

Thread: How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

  1. Incredible RS
    tweebee's Avatar
    Member #
    127518
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    210
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Premium Member
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSpencerP View Post
    I previously used Unrevoked on my first Incredible back before the OTA update around September. I have a new one that is running stock 2.2 and Unrevoked isn't recognizing it. It doesn't say "unrecognizable" or anything like that. I looked over this forum for an answer and I'm coming up stumped.
    I uninstalled Dropbox and Doubletwist from my computer. I also removed HTC Sync from my phone to be safe. I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

    What am I doing wrong?
    Give it a try again. This seems to happen on the Macs a lot. And it usually take 2 or 3 attempts before it will take. Also take a look at this thread here to see if it will help resolve your issue, Can't root my DINC!!! HELP!!!.
    Need help with your HTC Droid Incredible? Visit DF's sister site, Incredible Forum, at http://www.incredibleforum.com.
  2. Droid Newbie
    JohnSpencerP's Avatar
    Member #
    170271
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Incredible
    #42
    Quote Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSpencerP View Post
    I previously used Unrevoked on my first Incredible back before the OTA update around September. I have a new one that is running stock 2.2 and Unrevoked isn't recognizing it. It doesn't say "unrecognizable" or anything like that. I looked over this forum for an answer and I'm coming up stumped.
    I uninstalled Dropbox and Doubletwist from my computer. I also removed HTC Sync from my phone to be safe. I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

    What am I doing wrong?
    Give it a try again. This seems to happen on the Macs a lot. And it usually take 2 or 3 attempts before it will take. Also take a look at this thread here to see if it will help resolve your issue, Can't root my DINC!!! HELP!!!.
    Hmm, I've checked out the thread you gave and the links on there as well. I appreciate the help though. I guess I'll try it on another computer whenever I get a chance.
  3. Junior Droid
    BWAT1009's Avatar
    Member #
    170687
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Simpsonville, SC
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible (Rooted)
    #43
    I have begun running the unrevoked 3.3.2 reflash program three times and it starts and then says "communication with the phone has been unexpectedly interrupted, please try again" any suggestions?? I have a feeling that the problem is probably related to the drivers as it was unable to install them on the first attempt. It did say that it was successful on the second and the process seemed to begin running (phone rebooted into boot menu with the USB boot option showing but then the computer said "Waiting for boot loader, ensure driver is installed") am I missing a step or something. I am so new to this so i am probably doing something wrong... Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by BWAT1009; 02-14-2011 at 12:21 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    BWAT1009's Avatar
    Member #
    170687
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Simpsonville, SC
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible (Rooted)
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by BWAT1009 View Post
    I have begun running the unrevoked 3.3.2 reflash program three times and it starts and then says "communication with the phone has been unexpectedly interrupted, please try again" any suggestions?? I have a feeling that the problem is probably related to the drivers as it was unable to install them on the first attempt. It did say that it was successful on the second and the process seemed to begin running (phone rebooted into boot menu with the USB boot option showing but then the computer said "Waiting for boot loader, ensure driver is installed") am I missing a step or something. I am so new to this so i am probably doing something wrong... Thanks for the help.
    Update*** I was correct, I had not installed the android adb drivers. Rookie mistake. I found very detailed instructions including screen shots on another forum here is link if anyone needs it:

    http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p...driver_install

    I did that and the process worked flawlessly (although it did require 2 attempts, first gave the same "is your firmware too new" message that I saw in a previous post. I followed the suggestion and tried again and it worked like a champ). Thanks for the great work, if an incredibly unskilled person like myself can root via these instructions, then anyone can.
    Last edited by BWAT1009; 02-15-2011 at 07:33 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    mr wrong's Avatar
    Member #
    143258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #45
    Is it too early to try this on my AT&T HTC Inspire 4G?

    This is my first Android device, so I'm pretty new at all this, and a little scared of doing something wrong, and bricking it..
  6. Junior Droid
    BWAT1009's Avatar
    Member #
    170687
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Simpsonville, SC
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible (Rooted)
    #46

    Probably need to start a new thread

    I could be wrong but I don't think that you will have much luck getting an answer to your question on this thread. I certainly have no idea as to how device specific these reflash programs are. I would recommend looking for a forum that is specific to your phone and starting a new thread asking if you can use the unrevoked 3.32 reflash to root your model. It was not hard for me to use and I am as novice as it gets but it could be different for a different phone so I would do more research if you aren't a pro...
  7. Droid
    sudod2g's Avatar
    Member #
    144252
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    43
    Phone
    D2G, D-inc, Samsung Fascinate.
    #47
    Just got my d-inc today already rooted with ease thanks to this tutorial. Good stuff.

    d2g liberty 1.5 romer v5
    fascinate voodoo kl
    incredible incredibly engineered v2.3
  8. Droid Newbie
    dmm108's Avatar
    Member #
    172353
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #48

    thanks muchly

    To enlightened, for a very straightforward guide to rooting my Droid Incredible. Thanks -

    dmm108
  9. Droid Newbie
    twildt's Avatar
    Member #
    173489
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #49
    so how do you reboot the incredible? i only see a "power off" option.

    i finished the rooting process and the unrevoked3 told me "Done". im trying to verify now that its completed. when i use the power off and then power it back on i don't get the menu to change modes such as hboot or recovery.


    Edit: Never mind, i installed a quick boot option used for rooted phones only and it asked for superuser rights. IM ROOTED!
    Last edited by twildt; 02-23-2011 at 02:15 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    BWAT1009's Avatar
    Member #
    170687
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Simpsonville, SC
    Posts
    22
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible (Rooted)
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by twildt View Post
    so how do you reboot the incredible? i only see a "power off" option.

    i finished the rooting process and the unrevoked3 told me "Done". im trying to verify now that its completed. when i use the power off and then power it back on i don't get the menu to change modes such as hboot or recovery.


    Edit: Never mind, i installed a quick boot option used for rooted phones only and it asked for superuser rights. IM ROOTED!
    powering down and then back on IS a reboot
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 07:08 AM
  2. issues with UNREVOKED root
    By Weapondrift in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 10:14 AM
  3. New root from unrevoked
    By puln in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 06:41 PM
  4. Should I root with Unrevoked??
    By tyler.norton360 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 01:42 PM
  5. DROID ~ Stock - Root - Dead - Reborn, Stock. Questions.
    By tCub in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Search tags for this page

how to use unrevoked
,
how to use unrevoked for incredible
,
root using unrevoked
,
unrevoked 3.22
,

unrevoked 3.32

,
unrevoked 3.32 download
,

unrevoked 3.33

,
unrevoked 3.33 download
,
unrevoked for mac os x 10.5.8
,
using unrevoked
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+