DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Window mounted Vehical mount

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

Window mounted Vehical mount

Hi all,

I have Bought a suction cup mount for my Incredible and I see the two head mounts I have had experience with!

http://store.droidforums.net/arkon-cm920-gooseneck-mount-and-universal-holder/3A78A573.htm[/COLOR]]Arkon CM920 Gooseneck Mount & Universal Holder - Droid Car Mounts - Droid Forums Store
    CM920 Gooseneck Mount & Universal Holder for Verizon HTC Droid Incredible
    If you are looking for a simple solution to secure the Verizon HTC Droid Incredible in your car, this vehicle mount is the perfect match. $19.95
    Is a good mount ONLY if you do not plug your Incredible into the cars cig lighter as the left jaw is too low and interfers with the power plug on our phone

Arkon CM910 Vehicle Mount Kit & Universal Holder - Droid Car Mounts - Droid Forums Store
    Arkon CM910 Vehicle Mount Kit & Universal Holder for Verizon HTC Droid Incredible This flexible vehicle mount kit offers three mounting solutions so you can easily secure your Droid in your car.
    $29.95
    This head is better for the Incredible as it will not interfere with the power plug! As a side note i did trim the left jaws foam as I found that sometimes it interferes with the lower volume button!

JasonB has excellent pictures, with the Incredible sitting in the CM910 mount head on a different floor mount(thanks JasonB) hit this link >> : The Arkon brand universal vehicle mounts fit the Incredible (pics of mine)
    Last edited by robdroid; 05-10-2010 at 06:30 AM.
    RobDroid Computer Coach and all around Gadget Maniac

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Oh crud. Looks like I'm going to need to return that to amazon when I receive it.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Official Droid Incredible Car Mount Available

Official Droid Incredible Car Mount Available
    I found the official Droid Incredible Car Mount on these links. Price is a bit steep, but it's the only place I've found them.

Steve

<Amazon.com: Used and New: HTC Droid Incredible Car Dock Holster Mount Combo>
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible (Verizon)

OEM Holster Mount Combo

I just purchased the HTC Holster Mount Combo from Verizon yesterday for $29.99. It has the Verizon logo printed on the box. The UPC number is VZW6300MNT. The box reads, "For these and other accessories, call 1-866-VZ GOT IT (1-866-894-6848)."

It seems to be of very good quality, and fits well in my later model 3-series BMW. It comes with a holster and belt clip, but I would never wear it, since it has the phone glass facing outward.

It positions the phone so the power cable inserts from the bottom right (passenger side).
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
    I just purchased the HTC Holster Mount Combo from Verizon yesterday for $29.99. It has the Verizon logo printed on the box. The UPC number is VZW6300MNT. The box reads, "For these and other accessories, call 1-866-VZ GOT IT (1-866-894-6848)."

It seems to be of very good quality, and fits well in my later model 3-series BMW. It comes with a holster and belt clip, but I would never wear it, since it has the phone glass facing outward.

It positions the phone so the power cable inserts from the bottom right (passenger side).
    I agree it appears to be a good and sturdy mount however the Akron is less expensive and I can have a cover on my Incredible with out an issue! I prefer my Incredible not be nakey out in public
    RobDroid Computer Coach and all around Gadget Maniac
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    $3 and change FTW

For only $3.01 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Universal GPS Car Mount Holder | For Garmin

It's not exactly the mercedes of the bunch but it works like a charm for my droid and you can move the clamps around to get out of the way for charger access.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Make sure you have some type of cooling available for your phone. I ran my this last weekend with a modified droid mount (I had already bought it, just needed to modify the plastic to allow the Incredible to fit). If the phone was on my dash in direct sun light it got very hot and shut down. I had to move it to my center console. I had navigation and Pandora running for 4+ hours before the shut down. The incredible mount looks like it would allow me to adjust it down in front of one of my AC vents which should help considerably, the droid mount was not large enough to do that.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Has anyone tried the braketron cup holder mounts?

Amazon.com: Bracketron UCH-101-BL Universal Cup-iT Cup Holder Mount: Electronics

Looks like it might block access to the volume buttons.
    Jason

"My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln-
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Jason

"My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln-
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post

So, does it turn to landscape and portrait view? Also, does the phone recognize Navigation mode and automatically switch to it? I always prefer to use the original manufaturer if possible, but it is twic as expensive as the Akron.
    Also, I'm wondering about car charging the phone while in the dock. Does the cord reach all the way up to a glass mounted setup?
    Thanks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links