DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: So who's leading the screen protector race?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Got an email a little while ago saying it shipped
    I'm a Mac...with a droid.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    my first Verizon protector seemed fine for 4 months; then got glare. Replaced with another verizon protector; still have glare; and many bubbles i can't remove.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by D13-R37 View Post
    I went awhile w/o using a screen protector due to the hardness level of the screen and how difficult it truly is to scratch it. The reason I finally decided to get a screen protector? Fingerprints. Bottom line, default screen harvests the very oil from your fingers and gathers it in masses making it a constant war to wipe them off.

So I did my research and found a company which is truly top of the line. I now swear by Phantomskinz. The one problem w/ almost every screen protectoor is that their hardness level is poor and instead of fingerprint harvesting the protectors COLLECT scratches and scuffs. The key to Phantomskinz is the technology. Phantom Skinz are made from Durable “Self Healing” film technology that allows most dings and scratches to “heal” after a 24 hour period. These things Kick some Frelling Arse!

There is a difficulty level at putting the screen protectors on, you will find its similar to tinting a car. Follow the directions or have a good friend do it. To this day I can barely ever tell I even have a screen protector!

Check it out! You can go extreme and get a full body protector or like me just nab the two screen protectors for under $10 I believe.

PhantomSkinz
    PhantomSkinz is garbage. They are only scratch resistant while all the others are scratch proof. The self healing think is a bunch of bs.

Based on your "review" it sounds like you work for PhantomSkinz, so your post (advertisement) is worthless anyways...
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hi guys,

i've learned much more about the Incredible phone over the past couple weeks by browsing these forums.

Just a headsup, the Steinheil crystal is back in stock right now! i just put in an order

SGP Steinheil Crystal Clear for HTC Droid Incredible
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    yup never had any luck with phantomskinz... always look like garbage after a couple of weeks, never much self heal.

anyway, got my steinheil today and just got done putting it on... very happy with it. Went on without any trouble or air bubbles. However there is a little bit of an air bubble effect around the trackball, not all the way around but at about 5 and 10 o'clock. Its super clear and cant at tell its on really. There is a little bit of a different feel for sure, but nothing too drastic... nothing compared to the rubbery ones like the zagg...

I'm very happy with it.
    I'm a Mac...with a droid.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible

Difference between $25 - SGP Shield/$11 - Crystal

Hello,

My family just ordered a few Droids and I didn't know there were premium shields available so I did what I always do, bought the cheapest thing on Ebay. My wife is now complaining about dust/fingerprints/bubbles etc... After reading this forum I want to get a Steinheil Crystal shield.

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the difference between the $25 SGP Shield and the $11 Crystal/Anti-fingerprint shields.

I understand the crystal / anti-fingerprint differences, however, the SGP Shield's hard coated optical enchancement and extreme duraction soft skin doesn't really compel me to spend and extra $14 on the SGP Shield. Are the $11 crystals not as hard coated or something?

I was wondering if any of you have the more expensive one and are amazed with it, and why?

------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Nevermind my question, after further reading further down the product(s) pages I found the answer(s). Thanks again!
    Last edited by lenval; 05-21-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Because I didn't scroll down...
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Are there any good screen protectors that use static cling to attach to the screen instead of an adhessive? ZaGG, Steinheil, and the others mentioned seen to be adhessive based, any static cling ones?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

Skinomi

I got a Skinomi from Amazon.com. It's fantastic. Easy to apply (if you can keep your hands off your Droid for 12 hours!). I don't even realize its there now.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Detonation;

PhantomSkinz is garbage. They are only scratch resistant while all the others are scratch proof. The self healing think is a bunch of bs.

Based on your "review" it sounds like you work for PhantomSkinz, so your post (advertisement) is worthless anyways...
    While I completely agree with you it sounds like an advertisement, I wouldn't call their product garbage. I've used their protectors for over a year and never had any problems. For me, it's about protecting the screen and I've never had any scratches while their protectors are on.

What bothers me more than advertisements, are when companies give their product away free and in return, they ask the person to do a "review" of their product on the forums. You can always tell who they are because they are hoping for more free stuff in the future.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    Are there any good screen protectors that use static cling to attach to the screen instead of an adhessive? ZaGG, Steinheil, and the others mentioned seen to be adhessive based, any static cling ones?
    Steinheil is NOT adhesive based. It is a static protector.

The only Steinheil product that is Adhesive based is the full body shield and even then the screen protector part of it is still static.

Unless Steinheil changed something since i bought a protector then what i said above is completely true. I have a Steinheil Crystal on my phone right now and have since they came out.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Links