DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: hTC unlocks Dinc2 bootloader with hTC super tool

  1. Junior Droid
    blackepoxy's Avatar
    Member #
    243107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    hTC Droid Incredible 2
    #1

    Post hTC unlocks Dinc2 bootloader with hTC super tool

    HTC has added support for the Dinc2 with the hTC super tool.

    Here at

    HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader
  2. Droid
    Dunnski21's Avatar
    Member #
    127571
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    33
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    #2
    I unlocked the bootloader successfully! What's the easiest way to gain root from here without installing a custom rom?
  3. Junior Droid
    blackepoxy's Avatar
    Member #
    243107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    hTC Droid Incredible 2
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnski21 View Post
    I unlocked the bootloader successfully! What's the easiest way to gain root from here without installing a custom rom?
    What are the exact steps you took to do this? I know on the page it the diagram of the steps.
    Mainly I want to know how you used SDK to fastboot to gain the token.

    I think that this method is a watered down version of something.
    Even though you unlocked the bootloader S is still on. (not S-off)
    Yes, you unlocked the bootloader but that is not root, right.
    And what about needing/getting the SU permission that all the things you will need to run titanium backup root explorer and what not? I am still kinda confused as to exactly what this does...
  4. Droid
    Dunnski21's Avatar
    Member #
    127571
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    33
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by blackepoxy View Post
    What are the exact steps you took to do this? I know on the page it the diagram of the steps.
    Mainly I want to know how you used SDK to fastboot to gain the token.

    I think that this method is a watered down version of something.
    Even though you unlocked the bootloader S is still on. (not S-off)
    Yes, you unlocked the bootloader but that is not root, right.
    And what about needing/getting the SU permission that all the things you will need to run titanium backup root explorer and what not? I am still kinda confused as to exactly what this does...


    To get the token I made copies of adb and fastboot and threw them in the "Android" folder that htc asked me to create. I opened up the command prompt, navigated to the Android folder on my C drive, typed in "fastboot oem" something. I can't remember exactly but it's what HTC said to do. I got the token, pasted it over and voila - unlock key emailed to me. My issue is now is that I still don't have root! I have a bootloader that says "Unlocked" and thats it. I know i need to push superuser and busybox, but I don't know where to get the files. I have no idea how to actually root now that I have unlocked the bootloader.
  5. Junior Droid
    blackepoxy's Avatar
    Member #
    243107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    hTC Droid Incredible 2
    #5
    Yeah, I am pretty confident that I could sit down & do this, but like you, what's next?
    We are both in the same boat now, beside the fact I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet because it seems useless since I don't know what to do next...
  6. Droid
    Dunnski21's Avatar
    Member #
    127571
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    33
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    #6
    S-on AND Root - xda-developers This thread gave me the info I needed to get root, which I now have. In a nutshell I flashed clockwork recovery while in fastboot, and from recovery I was able to flash superuser, which gave me root.
  7. Junior Droid
    blackepoxy's Avatar
    Member #
    243107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    hTC Droid Incredible 2
    #7

    Cool congrats!!! ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnski21 View Post
    S-on AND Root - xda-developers This thread gave me the info I needed to get root, which I now have. In a nutshell I flashed clockwork recovery while in fastboot, and from recovery I was able to flash superuser, which gave me root.
    Awesome!!!
  8. Gryffen Spark's Avatar
    Member #
    167948
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    43
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8

    Unlock bootloader screen...

    So i followed all the steps to get to the Unlock bootloader screen on the Incredible 2 and when I choose yes to unlock bootloader it does nothing. It doesn't freeze because it lets me choose no and then the phone restarts but when i try to choose yes, nothing happens. Does anybody have any ideas?

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 10:03 PM
  2. Replies: 307
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 03:19 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 04:46 AM
  4. Moto unlocks bootloader on Atrix 4G
    By BackSeatSuicide in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
  5. Replies: 140
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM

Search tags for this page

dinc2 bootloader

,
how to unlock bootloader htc explorer
,

how to unlock htc incredible 2

,

htc incredible 2 bootloader

,

htc incredible 2 unlock bootloader

,

htc super tool incredible 2

,
incredible 2 locked bootloader
,
root dinc2
,
unlock bootloader htc incredible 2
,

unlock dinc2

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+