DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: help please..

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

help please..

so i rooted my incredible 2 to revotutionary. then an ota thing started to keep popping up. after that my phone kept powering off after turn on. now when i go to turn my phone on it won't go past the HTC. someone help please i don't know what to do. I can get into my HBOOT n i think i just have to download an andriod system or something but i'm not sure.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    After installing revolutionary were you able to install clockwork recovery? What you need to get your phone back is....

a) clockwork recovery installed, a backup and/or a rom of your choice on your sdcard. If you installed clockwork recovery then you can select recovery from hboot and it will boot into cwr. From there you can restore a backup or install a rom from zip.

b) if all else fails you can try installing the stock ruu.

If you get your phone back to a normal rooted state to block the ota update....in root explorer mount as read write (r/w), then go to etc/security/otacerts.zip. rename otacerts.zip to otacerts.bak. Mount as r/o and close root explorer.

Sent from my Incredible 2
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Here is a manual install clockwork thread. Not sure if it will help. I am looking for ruu instructions now http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ly (for noobs)

5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Try installing a ruu from here. Hope this helps. Just throwing ideas out there. I gotta hit the hay. Good luck. http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/27...-versions-too/

Links