Hi, Just to clarify I am not a noob at "hacking devices" I have hard-battery hacked a psp and used lots of software on there. My issue is that I can't seem to get root access with my droid. I am following the tutorials to a T and it still isnt working. Let me walk through exactly what I have been doing.
1. I download the update.zip file. This file contains two subfolders, META-INF and System.
2. I rename the file to update.zip (I also tried just naming it update, I have Vista)
3. I plug in my phone and start USB Connection
4. I drag the update.zip (or update) folder into the root of my sdcard
5. I turn off usb connection and shut down my phone
6. I turn my phone back on while holding the "x" button.
7. I then hold camera and volume up until I get the recovery menu (or whatever its called)
8. I select install sd update.zip
9. It goes through the motions, and says when it is done that phone has been rooted (or something to that effect)
10. I reboot the phone.
now, seems like everything would work, right? I installed the file, it says I installed it, my phone doesnt act abnormal at all. However, when I try to use an app (such as SetCPU or something) it says that the phone doesnt have root access. This is driving me crazy. I feel I must be missing some key step. Can anyone help me out here?