I'm at my limits! Time for some questions
I usually make up my mind and jump in to something without enough research or asking any questions and many times regret it. However, I am trying to change.
First, I love the phone as it is now. Dependable, almost no FC, looks awesome, does so much, and I'm always learning more about it. However, there's that lag time that is starting to wear on me a bit. So I have been more and more reading the threads in this forum and I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on rooting. My hesitation? Mostly that I can't afford to screw it up and since I use it for work (as well as personal) I can't really go without during a week day for something that was in my control. This combined with my lack of experience and knowledge keeps me in check.... for now.
A handful of questions have been on my mind and thought it was time to throw them out there. I apologize if these are dumb questions, my search results are very hit and miss.
1) Once I decide to go with BUgless Beast or other, is that what I read as the "ROM" or is it something else?
2) With root, am I restricted soley to a whole new set of apps to install or can I still use the ones I have now?
3) Once rooted, does the phone automatically still work as a phone? I assume so as I haven't seen any threads on it.
4) I read that there is a lot of support for Bugless, if my goal is stability, app functionality, and raising my CPU speed, would this be the best way to go?
5) I see a lot of threads by new "rooters" having issues with things not working, many times it's the phone a whole. Is this a small percentage, a 50-50 thing, or rare? I understand that it more normal for someone to post a problem looking for a solution than someone posting a "all works great" thread.
My biggest drive towards rooting is the further customization (I love looking at what some people have done with theirs) and, as I do with all my computers, get more speed (SetCPU). I was drooling over the member who posted a video of his phone at 1.2Ghz, it was about as fast as his fingers would go.
I have a few others but I think I can probably find the answers with further research.