I've been trying to do this for a while. Gonna tag along.
Swyped from a Droid
Ok -- first you need a totally unthemed framework to start with. Use a stock framework-res.apk.
As far as adding id numbers, I believe you have to use the next available number in the public.xml file.
If in any doublt check the apk manager or apktool thread over on xda. I know the question has been asked before about a million times.
dizzzamn.. can you say hijack?
so maybe I can approach it from a different way to try to get my desired results.
maybe if I could find an already correctly compiled and working hack for what I want to do here that is correctly compiled, and I could place it on my droid to get it working. THEN, all I would have to do is just replace the icons that hack came with with mine as that can easily can be done in Metamorph and need no compiling.
seem reasonable? if so, now I just need to find a compatible hack that is proven to work on the D1 and uses 10% readings and can even have its own 10% icons. Seen one that works??
Last edited by Lock-N-Load; 02-21-2011 at 12:03 PM.
ok guys im done with this and im success!!!
Im done with 10% increment battery mod thanks everyone and specially thanks kevdog for help!
i dont do anything with public.xml im just edit stat_sys_battery.xml and overwrite newly created resources.arsc after compiling framework apk back so it acutalize public.xml itself.
im really enjoying this smooth battery mod!!! THANKS KEVDOG AGAIN!!!!
hey - whats the best way to place just this framework-res.apk?
EDIT: I used Root Explorer to place it and then rebooted and I get boot loops
So.. if I pulled my framework-res.apk AND provided my images to someone.. can anyone make me a correctly compiled and signed framework-res.apk for my phone and advise me on how to best and correctly place it back? please?
Last edited by Lock-N-Load; 02-24-2011 at 08:51 AM.
I tried to use your stats_sys_battery.xml into my MM theme and made a themer update.zip and that failed also. I got the blank icon in the notificaiton bar.
I missed this whole need for the resources.arsc... besides those 2 files (and my png files) any others I would need? Do I need that META-INF directory or AndroidManifest.xml file?
I assume not so would plan to do this then..
1. I take your compiled and untouched stat_sys_battery.xml file
2. I put together my directory and I have my Metamorph based file in the root and your untouched resources.arsc file
3. in my directory I also have a subdirectory called framework-res and in that is res and in that are drawable and drawable-hdpi as all of this lines up with the correct names and placement the system expects
4. in drawable I put your compiled stat_sys_battery.xml file which is where it lives in real life
5. in drawable-hdpi I put my new pings which is where they live in real life
6. I zip up my directory with all of this inside which matches the Systems placement and file/directory names
7. I put this on my SD card
8. I use zipthemer and run my zipped directory file through zipthemer which makes me an update.zip file I can flash
9. I reboot into recovery, backup my ROM in case, then flash this zipthemer update.zip file
how does this seem? This way, I use you correctly compiled and signed files, my png icons, all in a directory structure that matches my system.
clearly you can see I am trying to get around the whole making of a complete framework-res.apk that needs compiling and signing as all I want to do is place the files I want to edit, nothing more.
UPDATE: my above idea failed... reboots fine, but no battery icons in notification bar
if anyone reading this has any interest in taking my framework-res.apk and my images and making me a new framework-res.apk for my phone, let me know. I will email them to you.
Last edited by Lock-N-Load; 02-24-2011 at 03:16 PM.