How To Root You Droid Properly
VIDEO TO FOLLOW ALONG
1. Mount your Droid to your PC via USB connection.
2. Open the Root of your SDCARD.
3. If you haven't already download droid-superuser_update.zip to your desktop or a folder you can find like in my video.
4. DO NOT EXTRACT the zip file.
5.Rename to Update.zip (NOT UPDATE.zip.zip Common Problem)
6.Copy Update.zip to the root of your SDCARD.
7. Unmount your Droid from your PC.
8. Power OFF your Droid.
9.Slide your hardware keyboard OPEN.
10.Hold down X and then Hold down the POWER button in that order.
11.Keep holding until the MOTOROLA emblem shows itself.
12.A triangle with a "!" mark will show up.
13.Hold down Volume Up button and then press the CAMERA button.
14.Go down to the second option, "apply sdcard:update.zip" and select it using the enter button on your hardware keyboard or the center of the D-Pad.
15. If done properly should read " Installing Update... /br Rooting your phone... /br Install from sdcard complete.
16.Hit "reboot system now"
17.Once you are rebooted, go to your APP TRAY and look for "SUPERUSER" if it is there you have successfully ROOTED your droid.
18.Grab a beer and go read my other tutorials.
How To UN-Root You Droid Properly
Will be posted tonight.