DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Android 2.3 gingerbread

  1. Rescue Squad
    spaz33g's Avatar
    Member #
    113637
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    orange county, ca
    Posts
    6,388
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    #11
    Its possible that the android version will be 2.3 and that motorola jumped the gun by naming their system update 2.3.2

    The tweet from the open handset alliance or whatever its called that announced gb would be rolling out to the nexus 1 developers also reffered to gb as 2.3.

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by aDroidman View Post
    I asked him what can you tell me about android 2.3 he said " what? O gingerbread"

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    lol, let me see you talked to a Google employee. Well, unless he was specifically working on Gingerbread, he's probably no more reliable then me.

    As I said 2.3 is not Gingerbread. It's already on the D2. I don't know what Gingerbread will be, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to get here.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by spaz33g View Post
    Its possible that the android version will be 2.3 and that motorola jumped the gun by naming their system update 2.3.2

    The tweet from the open handset alliance or whatever its called that announced gb would be rolling out to the nexus 1 developers also reffered to gb as 2.3.

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    Maybe it's 2.3.21?

    Gingerbread is going to be another huge update. I was surprised that the number only changed from 2.1 to 2.2 for Froyo. So I suppose anything is possible.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Master Droid
    aDroidman's Avatar
    Member #
    94335
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    344
    Phone
    Android
    #14
    I don't want him to get in trouble so I'm not going to tell you but its high up........where ever he works he has android 2.3 aka gingerbread on his phone android 2.3 is gingerbread it is not released what the Droid 2 has is not gingerbread and it is not the official release of 2.3 Motorola has changed that and it is not 2.3

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Rooted OG Droid
    Bugless GPA 16

    Droid "Bionic" next phone
  5. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by aDroidman View Post
    I don't want him to get in trouble so I'm not going to tell you where or what his job is for Google but its high up........ he has android 2.3 aka gingerbread on his phone android 2.3 is gingerbread it is not released what the Droid 2 has is not gingerbread and it is not the official release of 2.3 Motorola has changed that and it is not 2.3

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    On my D2 and I'm looking at it right now in the about settings it lists Android Version as 2.2, and has System version as 2.3.20 Verizon. Not Motorola.

    Well, whatever they number it again I'm not holding my breath on it arriving that soon. Maybe at the start of the new year. I'm just guessing.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Master Droid
    aDroidman's Avatar
    Member #
    94335
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    344
    Phone
    Android
    #16
    Please change all post from "______ _______" to reliable source

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Rooted OG Droid
    Bugless GPA 16

    Droid "Bionic" next phone
  7. Master Droid
    littlerick's Avatar
    Member #
    3999
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    267
    Phone
    bionic for now
    #17
    i think all he means is android version is 2.2 the other number is whatever motorola or verizon numbers it. so even though it says 2.3..15 (droid x) its still just 2.2.
  8. Senior Droid
    Yakuzagang5's Avatar
    Member #
    15956
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    236
    Phone
    Fascinate
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aDroidman View Post
    I don't want him to get in trouble so I'm not going to tell you where or what his job is for Google but its high up........ he has android 2.3 aka gingerbread on his phone android 2.3 is gingerbread it is not released what the Droid 2 has is not gingerbread and it is not the official release of 2.3 Motorola has changed that and it is not 2.3

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    On my D2 and I'm looking at it right now in the about settings it lists Android Version as 2.2, and has System version as 2.3.20 Verizon. Not Motorola.

    Well, whatever they number it again I'm not holding my breath on it arriving that soon. Maybe at the start of the new year. I'm just guessing.
    I like how you don't even know... It says, and you just clarified, android version is 2.2. System version has NOTHING to do with what iteration of android it is... On about phone on D1 there isn't even a system version number, does that mean the D1 has no android on it?
    Samsung Fascinate
    EC01 Debloated
    1.3 GHz VooDoo kernel
    Mix of themes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Android 2.3 is Gingerbread - Confirmed!
    By UrbanBounca in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 01:53 AM
  2. Android 2.3 Gingerbread could launch any day now
    By JimMariner in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 12:00 AM
  3. [RUMOR] Android 2.3 = Gingerbread
    By kpenning in forum Droid Forums Member News Depot
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
  4. Android 3.0 (Gingerbread)
    By htartisan in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 12:04 PM
  5. New Android UI Coming on Gingerbread?
    By ChefGregg89 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 04:33 PM

Search tags for this page

2.3 gingerbread droid 1
,
2.3 gingerbread for droid 1
,
2.3.6 gingerbreadel.30
,

712b gingerbread

,
droid 2 2.3.21
,

gingerbread 2.3.xx

,
gingerbread for next6
,
gingerbread-2.3.for rk28 28
,
gingerbreadel30
,

is 2.3.20 gingerbread

,
is 2.3.20 gingerbread?
,
rk28 gingerbread
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+