DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 352 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Merge & Incredible HD Rumor

1. Droid
    Member #

HTC Merge & Incredible HD Rumor

Verizon Android rumor bonanza: Merge delayed to include LTE, Incredible HD launching early 2011

Hungry for some Verizon LTE Android rumors? I hope you've got a big appetite, because we've got a cornucopia of 'em to sort through. All of these rumors come from @V3RDICT on Twitter, who is apparently a device rep for Verizon. First up, we have the HTC Merge. The Merge has posed for numerous photo shoots, looking basically complete and ready for launch, potentially on November 11th. Obviously that date is looking extremely unlikely now, but it wasn't far off, at least at one point. @V3RDICT believes that the Merge was set to arrive on November 23rd, but has since been delayed. The reason for the delay? Verizon and HTC decided to throw in an LTE radio. Even with the delay, the source says that the Merge "might" still be launched this year and that it will be the first LTE device on Verizon.

Next up in rumor roulette, we have what's likely the only Verizon Android device more anticipated than the Merge: the Incredible HD. Originally leaked way back in August (so long ago!), we recently heard that not only would the IHD sport an LTE radio, but that it may be launching on November 23rd. Now it looks like that date may have been off by just a bit. According to our friend @V3RDICT, the Incredible HD will make its debut on the "first of the year."

Finally, @V3RDICT finished his string of Android hearsay with a rumor about HTC and Verizon's plans for the beginning of 2011. Apparently Verizon will be releasing a new HTC-made Android phone each month of the first quarter of 2011. So that means three new handsets, right? Not so, says Mr. V3RDICT, as there may actually be four total over the span of the first three months of the year.

That's quite a few rumors to digest, so let's just go down the line and see what we can do with them. First up, the Merge. After looking at all of the leaked images of the Merge in the wild that we've seen over the past couple of months, I thought that it seemed ready to rock. It probably was just about complete, too, if the November 23rd launch rumor is true. It seems kind of strange that Verizon and HTC would delay a handset that's basically complete just to throw in an LTE radio, especially since Verizon Wireless CEO Lowell McAdam recently said that his carrier would have six LTE smartphones on display at CES 2011. I'm sure that an LTE-ready Merge could be a big hit, but even without the 4G, it would probably move quite a few units.

The rumor about the Incredible HD launching at the beginning of next year seems plausible. We only saw a couple of photos back in August, but it, too, looked pretty complete. What better way to kick off the new year than with a 4.3-inch, LTE-capable beauty like the Incredible HD? Lastly, I wouldn't be surprised to see three or four new HTC Android phones on Verizon in Q1 2011. After all, we've all seen the rapid pace at which new Android phones are introduced into the market. So, folks, now that the dust has settled, which rumor do you believe? Would you rather wait to pick up an LTE Merge, or would you prefer a regular 3G Merge sooner? Who would win a (dog)fight between the LTE Merge and LTE Incredible HD?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    I kinda wanted to see the Merge, may have to wait a little longer
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    The last I heard the Merge was going to be released on 11/11 and the droid incredible HD is rumored to be released on November 23.
    Ill find out tomorrow when I go to vzw.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Incredible HD / Mecha

I really would hate to be the start of another 200 page #$*& storm but I wanted to share this with everyone. BEFORE I GO ON, this info is not confirmed i am just sharing what i heard from a seemingly knowledgeable Verizon employee. DONT KILL THE MESSENGER.

I went to my local Verizon store and started picking this guys brain for info. I asked him if he heard of a new HTC device comming out soon and he said "Do you mean the Mecha, Yea its coming out Feb. 11 and it will be 4G." I proceeded to ask him if that was the same thing as the Incredible HD and he said yes, I also told him that I thought there were going to be 2 of the same device one 3g and one 4g, he said that this one was 4g and he had never heard of a 3g "Mecha." anyways just thought that I would share that with you guys. This guy said that December will be an exciting time for verizon and all involved aka us, so even if we don't get this beauty before christmas it doesnt sound like all hope is lost for another sweet phone before the holidays are over, the waiting and anticipation is killing me . On the other hand this guy also said that 4g would be launched in December (i thought it was still January but i might have missed that memo) so it is still possible that this device could be out before the end of the year. I know that the admins have been shutting down all threads involving this phone so i apologize if this causes another fight but i just want to contribute whatever i can to the people that help me out so much.
    there is a smily on here that says it all so i will just get on with it.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Has there been any updates on the release date?
    I know Miami had originally said that the INC HD would release around the 23rd and be able to be pre-ordered last Friday. Of course now the pre-order did not happen, and the mods closed that thread so there are no updates as to when the real expected release date is. Most are saying next year, some are saying late this year.
    Anyone heard anything? I read a Dec 6 date from another site.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    The HDinc is being pushed back to next year as it is getting an LTE radio. That's the last I heard.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
    Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
    Happy Veterains Day.
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    WOW i thought someone would have said something by now, I'm surprised.
    there is a smily on here that says it all so i will just get on with it.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool9 View Post
    Has there been any updates on the release date?
    I know Miami had originally said that the INC HD would release around the 23rd and be able to be pre-ordered last Friday. Of course now the pre-order did not happen, and the mods closed that thread so there are no updates as to when the real expected release date is. Most are saying next year, some are saying late this year.
    Anyone heard anything? I read a Dec 6 date from another site.
    Its no impossible for a December 6th launch, but very unlikely. Thats the day LTE is suppose to launch. Doubt we would see any smartphones with an LTE radio launching the same day. I'll bet my money on a January/February release.

Proud Owner of a HTC Thunderbolt
    3/26/11 - Present

Proud Owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    6/24/11 Present
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I was just talking to my vzw contact last night and he said the incredible HD is still tentatively marked for a November 23rd release. It is not lte but he believes early next year there will be an lte version released.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Yeah I'm just still debating on getting the DX, or holding out. I definately dont want to hold out till next year, but at the same time dont want to go ahead and upgrade if the supposed 3g version of the device is coming out in just 2 weeks.
Page 1 of 352 1231151101 ... LastLast

Links